What's new

Advice for gooey brownie recipe (1 Viewer)

KB313

Hi, I was so glad to find this site, first time posting. This baker was featured in Better Homes and Garden magazine and I tried her flourless brownie recipe you can find her: ChocolateforBasil.com. The flavor was amazing! You swirl 3 kinds of nut butter in the batter. But the brownies came out extremely gooey with oil floating on the top. Rave reviews from my family, they said it was like brownie pudding. The edges did get a little firm, but barely. Looking for help on what to change before I take another shot at the recipe. Appreciate any suggestions, thank you in advance!

Solution
Hi, I was so glad to find this site, first time posting. This baker was featured in Better Homes and Garden magazine and I tried her flourless brownie recipe you can find her: ChocolateforBasil.com. The flavor was amazing! You swirl 3 kinds of nut butter in the batter. But the brownies came out extremely gooey with oil floating on the top. Rave reviews from my family, they said it was like brownie pudding. The edges did get a little firm, but barely. Looking for help on what to change before I take another shot at the recipe. Appreciate any suggestions, thank you in advance!
Hi @KB313

I'm so glad you've found a recipe that you and your family like and even though it hasn't quite turned out how you would've liked you...
Hi @KB313

I'm so glad you've found a recipe that you and your family like and even though it hasn't quite turned out how you would've liked you still managed to enjoy it. 🙂

As the recipe is a Flourless Black Bean Olive Oil Brownie recipe, the only things I can suggest is that the fats contained in the recipe are not binding together properly and are floating on the surface either that or you're using too much of them. Therefore...
  • Always make sure you use good quality products when baking to ensure the best results.
  • Use chocolate that has a high cocoa content, and nut butters that are a recognisable brand (and not fat-free varieties).
  • Maybe use a little less of the nut butters. (Make sure they are level tablespoons of ingredient and not heaped tablespoons).
  • If the mixture is still wet when you're bringing it out of the oven, I would bake for a little longer.
With this recipe being so unique and it has a picture tutorial I would probably use all the ingredients that are displayed in the pictures and contact the author through the 'contact' section to see if they can advise you any further.

They also have a notes section under all the pictures stating this...

'NOTES: Blend the black beans separately before adding the sugar and oil if you really want to ensure no traces of black bean skin.While there is no added refined sugar in this recipe, most sources of chocolate contain refined sugar. Be sure, if this is an issue for you, that you check the labels.Make sure to mix all your nut butters in the jar first, so they spread and swirl easily after adding them to the top of the brownie batter.'

I'm not sure if you've done this but thought I would mention it.

I hope this helps and good luck with the Brownies.

Best Wishes

Angie 😊

Last edited:
Solution
Hi @KB313

I'm so glad you've found a recipe that you and your family like and even though it hasn't quite turned out how you would've liked you still managed to enjoy it. 🙂

As the recipe is a Flourless Black Bean Olive Oil Brownie recipe, the only things I can suggest is that the fats contained in the recipe are not binding together properly and are floating on the surface either that or you're using too much of them. Therefore...
  • Always make sure you use good quality products when baking to ensure the best results.
  • Use chocolate that has a high cocoa content, and nut butters that are a recognisable brand (and not fat-free varieties).
  • Maybe use a little less of the nut butters. (Make sure they are level tablespoons of ingredient and not heaped tablespoons).
  • If the mixture is still wet when you're bringing it out of the oven, I would bake for a little longer.
With this recipe being so unique and it has a picture tutorial I would probably use all the ingredients that are displayed in the pictures and contact the author through the 'contact' section to see if they can advise you any further.

There is a notes section under all the pictures stating this...

'NOTES: Blend the black beans separately before adding the sugar and oil if you really want to ensure no traces of black bean skin.While there is no added refined sugar in this recipe, most sources of chocolate contain refined sugar. Be sure, if this is an issue for you, that you check the labels.Make sure to mix all your nut butters in the jar first, so they spread and swirl easily after adding them to the top of the brownie batter.'

I'm not sure if you've done this but thought I would mention it.

I hope this helps and good luck with the Brownies.

Best Wishes

Angie 😊
Thanks so much for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back