What's new

Alyssa

Hey guys!

I have been trying to find a way to create pink coloured cookies. My dough is a bright pink, but when I put my cookies in the oven they always turn brown, to the point where you can only see the colour on the inside. I have tried so many things; different sizes, freezing the dough for a longer time, putting the baking tray higher or lower in the oven with different temperatures and time, using a different type of oven/sugar/butter. I'm still set on baking the perfect pink cookies, but right now I'm kind of at a loss at what to do. I always use parchment paper, should I consider buying a silicon liner sheet?

I hope one of you can give me advice or help me with this problem...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-11-30 at 23.26.02.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-11-30 at 23.26.02.jpeg
    337.3 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Hi Alyssa

Welcome to the site. 😊

The oven temp can cause browning of the cookies, as can any kind of syrup, molasses, brown sugars or milk that you may be adding. As for the liner, yes, this may help with the reduction of browning.

I was going to suggest the oven shelf, but you've obviously done that; the only other thing I could suggest is using a different recipe or dye. We make a shortbread cookie that is very light and pale when baked, so maybe if you tried this or something similar, it might help give you the overall colour that you are looking for and help with your quest for the perfect pink cookie.

I'm not sure what kind of dye you are using, but a concentrated food dye or oil-based food dye may provide you with better results. I use dyes such as Sugarflair or Colour Mill. However, you may want to try the Colour Splash gels. The Colour Mill dyes work fabulously with any fats, so they may enhance your colour.

I hope this helps. 👩‍🍳

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back