What's new

Colour Mill Dyes Review (1 Viewer)

Colour Mill dyes are the new fandangled export out of NSW Australia, and from what I'm seeing, people love them!

According to the label, Colour Mill Dyes describe themselves as the 'Next Generation Food Colour' and to be quite honest, they're not wrong as they do exactly what it says on the tin, well the bottle anyway, but you get my drift!

Colour Mill Dyes Review by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

What's different about Colour Mill Dyes?

The Colour Mill dyes are different from normal colour gels as they're oil-based, meaning they love anything with fat or oil in them! So much so they stick to it like glue and enhance every bit of your bake.​

They're great for use with:​
  • Buttercream
  • Chocolate
  • Cake Batter
  • Candy Buttons
  • Fondant/Icing
  • Ganache
  • Swiss Meringue and more...
This is because Colour Mill Dyes have been created to react perfectly with all the fats in your creations, giving you a much more enhanced and longer-standing colour that develops over time.​

Colours

They are 29 different colours available.​

I chose:​
  • Raspberry Colour Mill
  • Rose Colour Mill
I used the Raspberry Colour Mill Dye with PME Candy buttons to cover my Cakesicles and look at the results! Vibrant, sleek and sumptuous!​

Cakesicles by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Easy to use.

The Colour Mill dyes are very easy to use; all you do is shake and add a few drops of colour like you would with any other dye. I didn't fully mix it in with my Candy Buttons and got this beautiful marbled pink swish through my Cakesicles.​

Colour Mill Dye Review by Help Me Bake (1) (Medium).jpg

Colour Mill Dye Review by Help Me Bake (2) (Medium).jpg

Size

• The bottle is approx 6.5 cm tall.
  • 2 cm wide at the cap.
  • 2.5cm wide at the base.
  • And contains 20ML

Who can use them?

The range is suitable for vegetarians; however, the two particular pink colours I used contained the E120 colourant, so they're not suitable.​

However, they are:​
  • Allergen-Free
  • Hallal
  • Kosher

Shelf Life

I bought mine in Jan 2021, and it has until Sept 2028 before it expires!​

I have yet to use these in my cake batter or buttercream; however, I am delighted with the taste and colouring of the dyes and will definitely be investing in other colours from what I've seen so far.​

They are slightly on the expensive side, but when you way up, they can last up to seven years, there's no bitter taste, and you get seemingly beautiful results; you can't really put a price on that, can you?​

I highly recommend them and look forward to trying other colours in the future.​

Related Posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back