What's new

Omada Design Tray for Cakes with Domed Lid Review (1 Viewer)

I have recently been looking for a Cake Stand to display my cakes in after baking and came across this Omada Design Tray with a Domed Lid.

0 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake Medium.jpg

Packaging

The cake stand came in a brown box with a plastic bag around the lid to prevent scratching or rubbing inside. I binned the exterior box and removed the packaging. I then washed it in hot soapy water and dried it with a piece of kitchen towel. (According to the product info online it is dishwasher safe).

1 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

The cake stand is made from acrylic plastic and splits into two pieces.

2 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

The base has a white coating on the bottom (similar to the finish of a plastic chopping board - this does not come off) and the lid is domed.

Size

The size of the base is as follows:
  • The full base is approximately 32.5 cm x 32.5 cm from edge to edge.
  • The inner-circle (the white part) is approx 27 cm across.
  • The base of the lid is approximately 26.5 cm across.
3B Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

The domed lid size is slightly tricky to measure because of the dome part; however, here is the best spec I can get for you.
  • If measured with a tape measure, and bending across the dome, the height is approximately 12 cm.
  • If measured with a straight ruler, it's between 10.5 - 11 cm.

3C Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

Handle

• This is approximately 5 cm across.

Colour

The cake stand comes in a multitude of colours such as
  • Red
  • Green
  • Yellow
  • Purple
  • Turquoise
  • Transparent
I purchased the transparent one.

Price

At the time of purchase, I paid £12.75 for it.

Feel/Weight

The stand is lightweight but sturdy.

How many cupcakes will it hold?

The cake stand will comfortably hold approximately 10 regular sized cupcakes with toppings.

3 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

3A Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

Or you could stack regular cupcakes (with no topping) on top of one another to contain more.

4 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

You can see from the picture that there is a dip in the lid where the handle is.

What size cake will fit in the Omada Design Tray?

After playing about with my tins and trying and testing them in the stand, I found that my 7-inch x 3-inch fit best. The 8-inch x 3-inch tin was too snug and touched the sides.

5 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Will the cake stand hold a Victoria Sponge Cake?

Yes, I made an 8-inch Victoria sponge cake in sandwich tins, and it fits well on a plate within the dome without touching the top.

6A Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

6 Omada Cake Stand Review by Help Me Bake.jpg

Freshness

After having a slice of cake yesterday and simply replacing the lid, I checked the cake this morning, and it's still moist. The cake isn't sticky, either. (The cake was still fresh two days later).

Conclusion

Overall I'm happy with the purchase, not only does it have a dual purpose of being both a cake stand or simple tray it is easy to clean and keeps your desserts fresh too.

Where can I buy the Omada Cake Design Tray with Domed Lid?

Related Posts

Last edited:
Price

At the time of purchase, I paid £12.75 for it.
Been looking round for one of these, looks ideal... £32.00 now on Amazon though as it comes from Omada in Italy. About the same price if you order direct once P&P is added and the exchange rate. Probably post Brexit. Got good reviews.

@clerahi - I also bought this one simultaneously as I wasn't sure about the size of them, you can buy the other colours cheaper, and you can still get it on Amazon.

I'll post a proper picture of it tomorrow for you to have a look at. I've got so much stuff I need to put in this section! I better get cracking with it! 🤓

Haha! I know it's huge; you could probably fit your head in it. I might have to try that. 🤣 I will have to do full spec on it. The hubby suggested I should have put something in the picture so that you could gauge the size properly. But with me doing the spec for the other one, I thought you might get the gist.

One word - Huge! 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back