What's new

GBBO is back! (1 Viewer)

Yes, lovelies, remember that tonight's the night that the Great British Bake Off is back on our screens!

gbbo 2021 (Medium).jpg

There's a whole host of new contestants, including a detective, son of a chef, vegan, retired midwife and a software developer, to name but a few. It's even reported that one of the contestants is a resident newbie when it comes to baking after only taking it up during lockdown!

gbbo 20211 (Medium).jpg

However, we all know that no matter how much experience the contestants have, it's sure to be a roller coaster of a ride! From soggy bottoms, show stoppers, and epic fails, we can't wait! Let the baking commence!

Watch it tonight at 8 pm on channel 4!

Last edited:
I've already got it set on record, in fact, I don't think I even had to remember to do it as my Sky box remembered I have recorded it before and set it automatically for me. 🎂 🤗

Well, I had a right faff downloading it, and then there were glitches! 🤪 Anyway, I have managed to watch it; I thoroughly enjoyed it but won't reveal any funnies just yet in case you haven't watched it. 👩‍🍳

Lol! I've just seen the post that you've watched it! 🤣

Matt singing the Flintstones in German had me in stitches, the mini rolls were fabulous, 😂 and as for the show stoppers, I think Crystelle should have won that one; her bouquet was amazing! 💐

As for the resident squirrel, well, that's just the icing on the cake! 👩‍🍳

Angry Natural World GIF by BBC Earth

Yes Matt was funny, it's was the opening though that got me in stitches, I thought it was brilliant. 😂

Aww, bless, they all did okay this week apart from some of the show stoppers, poor Amanda! If that Rocking horse had stayed up, she'd have been star baker this week! 🐴

I'm so glad Maggie is still here, bless her, she cried; I like her; she seems so lovely and what with her being Prue's twin, she has to stay.👬

Lizzie also makes me laugh with her no-fuss take on baking! Congealed is not a word you should use to describe your filling! 🤣

It took me a while to watch this week's Bake Off with multiple interruptions and stop starting on the SkyBox. However, now that I've finally finished watching it, I have to say that bread week has made me very hungry yet again!

You'll also be surprised to know that it's not the baker's that have done it for me this week, but Noel with his 'Where's Wally' vibe and words of the week...Victory, tragedy or comedy! And let's be honest, there were a few of those!

I'm definitely looking forward to next week, though, mmmmmm desserts!

Hungry Night Court GIF by Laff

Well, this week has been great fun again! I'm gutted for Maggie; not only did her Imprimé Dessert have to be done twice and then send a wave of coulis everywhere, but she also made sticky toffee pudding without the flour! She did make me laugh, though when she said it was gluten-free and just at the point when her bakes were going horribly wrong, she said someone at home is feeling sorry for me at this moment, and I was bless her.

Chigs was this week's well deserved Star Baker due to his Black Forest Imprimé Dessert based on bathroom tiles, and I think Lizzie is doing a great job with all her flavours too.

It was a good week, Maggie had a really bad week though but she is so matter of fact about it all she does make you laugh. I'll miss her. :D

Lots of surprises this week! So an Italian wins German week! 🤣 Guiseppe was made up! 👩‍🍳

Freya has now gone bless her...I wasn't expecting that! 😮 Her Mum shouldn't have said that her Dad could pick her up on Tuesday! 🤫

I honestly thought George was going to go; you just can't call it. So is it pastry week next week? If it is I hope they make some stodge because I love pastry! 😍

I can't remember at the moment what it is next week. Freya was quite upset but she did well to get as far as she did.
I think everyone was expecting Jűrgen to win this week but Guiseppe was really surprised.

Well, I'm now managed to catch up on all my Bake Off now that Han's back in school! So firstly, let's give praise where praise is due; many congratulations to Crytselle for getting a Paul Hollywood handshake and Star Baker! Bless her; she was so made up! 👩‍🍳

Then I had to laugh at what we all thought would be a slew of complaints when Guiseppe said the word Hassle! I had to rewind it twice just to make sure he wasn't saying what we all thought, which was a...hole! 😮 Matt made me laugh, though, when he made him say it again and then said, please don't complain, and you could see his brain working overtime, making sure that Guiseppe wasn't actually swearing. 🤣

Then poor Amanda and her Hot Crust Pastry, when she took the top straight off because it was still attached to the tin, the sides looked fabulous, but its when she tried to put it back together, she tore the sides. She did really well, though, considering that it didn't all collapse.

Then to this week, bless them, they've had a lot of fun with caramel...not! I've never made it the way they did; I've always used a can of condensed milk, butter and sugar. Then there were the domes, poor Crystelle; we were all hanging on to the edge of our seats with dome number 476! Bless her, those Cacti were really pretty on top of the cake, and I'm so glad that she just managed to get that dome on her cake in the nick of time!

And obviously, well done to Jũrgen, who is well and truly back on his game with his 93 variety showstopper! 😍

It's a shame George went, but let's see what happens next week.

Last edited:
I know it doesn't seem 5 minutes since they started and we're nearly at the end. Do you watch the Extra Slice?

No, I have done in the past, and so has Han, but at the minute, I just about get time to watch Bake Off.

So it was Lizzie's final week, and hats off to her because she finally gave the judges what they wanted...finesse! Her cake was lovely, and to be honest, I wasn't sure who they were going to let go of this week!

And then there were 4! Chigs, Crystelle, Guiseppe and of course Jũrgen. I'm so looking forward to seeing what happens next week.

Television Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Last edited:
So the semi-finals! Three handshakes for Crystelle, Guiseppe and Chigs and Jũrgen has now gone home. I think his boats did it because they were a bit bland, but if I'm honest, I was sad to see him go.

Guiseppe's Tower of Piza was fab, Crystelle's Flowery Wedding Centrepiece was beautiful, and I loved it when Chigs called his apples Pink Ladies because they weren't red enough. 🤣 I was so pleased that he managed to put his broken apple tree back together and his slices at the beginning of the episode were amazing!

It's anybody's game now!

I agree it's anyone's game, like you I was very surprised that Jũrgen had gone but I think the other 3 are worthy finalists.

By the way I didn't know how to put the mark over the u in his name so I just copy/pasted from your post. 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back