What's new

Bonfire Cupcakes, Toffee Apples - Worsley College - Student Bakes (1 Viewer)

As it's Bonfire Night this week, we decided it would be a good idea to theme this weeks lesson on it so we decided that Treacle Toffee and Bonfire Cupcakes would be just the treats we needed to serve up to satisfy everyone's palate. :D

We were slightly down on numbers this week, and we missed the banter from Sue and Cath as they sit right on our table, it did seem a little quiet without them; however, we still managed to have fun with the rest of the ladies and of course a few mishaps along the way. :wink:

I arrived about fifteen minutes before the lesson started and thought that I had arrived on a wrong day. :unsure: I think everyone was a little later due to the horrendous weather and build-up of traffic, the rain is a nightmare and is causing havoc on the roads, especially with the Lancs being down to one lane! Jean was one of the first to arrive, and then the rest followed suit.

Linda arrived and got straight into a demonstration on treacle toffee in the kitchen and whilst pouring she got splashed a little by the toffee :scream: (ouch) not to worry she quickly rinsed it off before it stuck to her skin and then carried on regardless. Afterwards, she cooled some toffee for me to taste test...and yes it was delicious.

After the ladies had made the toffee, I showed them how to recreate the flame effect for the bonfires and then demonstrated the finishing touches to help build a fire. We had a few issues with buttercream and whilst piping their own they ended up with a few exploding bags but nothing that a few laughs and a fresh bag can't sort out. The ladies did a great job, Cheryl went all out and made some Monster flames on her cupcakes (she doesn't do anything by halves :p) this is because they are having theme week at her school this week and learning about the Great Fire of London.

The ladies had a great night and were very pleased with their flame effect and toffee creations, the evening just seemed to fly by!

Here are the creations made.:

Linda1.jpg

Linda3.jpg

Angie:
Angie1.jpg

Angie3.jpg

Jean:

Jean1.jpg

Sharon:

Sharon1.jpg

Cheryl:

Cheryl1.jpg

Jill:

Jill1.jpg

Michelle:

Michelle1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks as though everyone had another great night on Wednesday, going by the lovely creations! We missed everyone as it's also a great social occasion as well as an educational evening (thanks to excellent tuition of course, creep-creep :wink: ). Not being able to be there on Wednesday, I can only console myself with devouring my unopened box of orange Matchmakers to myself!!

LOL! Our table was very quiet this week without you and Cath but we understand the absences. Hopefully things will be a little better this week and you'll both be able to attend. There is only 3 lessons left so you need to pack as much baking, modelling and questions in as you can. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back