What's new

Zoo Animals Cupcake Class - Student Creations (1 Viewer)

JackieJenSLS.jpg
Zoo Animals Cupcake Workshop HMB111 (Small).jpg

Well hello and welcome back to our classroom write up and oh what fun we had this evening!

Tonight was all about monkeying around, and we most certainly did that, I arrived early to set up the room and found that Alister the on-site manager was still there, I hadn't seen him in a while, so it was nice to see a friendly face. I am also going to meet Jackie and Jen from SLS tonight who are coming over to the lesson to find out what we do and take a few pictures of our lovely creations. :D

I started to set up the room when Linda and Elizabeth arrived and offered to help, thank you, ladies. I received a call and had to walk down and meet Sue and Lydia as she had forgotten whereabouts on the school we were and Abi was running a little late due to a delayed train. Gail then arrived with Doreen and not long after Jen and Jackie arrived with their camera in tow. 🤓

It was a little bizarre having lights camera action going on in the lesson, but it was great fun, and the ladies happily posed for the piccies. I'm ever so grateful for this as I ask them all the time, but they're not much into selfies and posing.

We started the lesson with a demo of the Zebra, Tiger and Giraffe; it was a very humid evening as the weather has been quite hot of late however we couldn't open the door as the farmer had been muck spreading, so it was either sweat it out or stink it out, so we decided on the humidity! Unfortunately, icing doesn't bode well with heat, so we did have a little stickiness but not enough to cause concern. :wink:

As I am going through the demo's of the animals, Jen is getting great shots of me rolling, shaping and using tools. It was a little daunting at first, but then I got used to her being with me, so I just continued as normal.

Once the first demo was complete, I sent the ladies back to there own cupcakes and then proceeded to put the kettle on. I asked Jackie if she would like to have a go at making some of the animals as I had some extra cupcakes this lesson. She happily accepted; so after a few tips from me she was well on her way to creating a Zebra and a tiger, Jen, on the other hand, was chief taste tester and then got snap happy again, getting some really great photo's of the ladies in action, there were group shots, decorating shots and creating shots; basically, just about every shot you can think of Jen got it! There are even pictures of me in there with the group which is nice. I am really excited about seeing the piccies and cannot wait to put them on the site.

Here are the Zoo Animal Cupcakes:

Abi:

AbiZoo.jpg

As you can see, Abi has done a lovely job with her cupcakes; the monkey on these ones has to be my favourite.

Doreen:
DoreenZoo.jpg

Doreen, who is our infamous Cake Boss lady, has made some very happy cupcakes, the lion does it for me on these ones.

Elizabeth:
ElizabethZoo.jpg

I love Elizabeth's monkey with his tongue sticking out, that was her idea and a great finish that children will love on a cupcake!

Gail:
GailZoo.jpg

These are Gail's final creations from the evening, I do really like them all, but the giraffe is a firm favourite this time.

Jackie:
JackieZoo.jpg

Jackie and Jen from SLS:
JackieJenSLS.jpg

Jackie and Jen had a great time learning about what we do on the workshops and actually having a go themselves. Jen was a taste tester for the evening, and Jackie got a bit creative, making a few of the animal cupcakes. She has done a grand job seeing as she has never done anything like this before! Well done, ladies, and lovely to finally meet you too!

Linda:
LindaZoo.jpg

Linda has done a wonderful job of recreating tonight's Zoo animals, fab job well done!

Lydia:
LydiaZoo.jpg

Lydiafun.jpg

Lydia got slightly carried away with the dusting part of the workshop and seemed to wear more than she used, she did a lovely job of the cupcakes she decorated and finished off with some love to her final cupcakes because we were out of time!

Sue:
SueZoo.jpg

These are Sue's lovely Zoo Animals; she did exceptionally well seeing as she does not like chocolate icing, which is what the monkey was made from. I was sure that she may have made two of another animal instead. Another happy box of goodies!

Thank you, ladies, for another wonderful evening and thanks again for posing for the SLS team and their photo's. We look forward to seeing and posting them soon! :wink:

Last edited:
I have now received the pictures that Jen at SLS took of the workshop. They have turned out fab, here are me and the ladies in action! :wink:

1.jpg

1a.jpg

These were the Zoo animals designs we were making as cupcake toppers, here is me with a demo on how to make them.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Here are the ladies sat watching the demonstration you can see the concentration!

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Me finishing up before the ladies are let loose to create their own, rolling pins at the ready!

8.jpg

9.jpg

11.jpg

Here is where the fun and relaxation begins.

10.jpg

12.jpg

As you can see Lydia and Sue are very much into their cupcakes, they were taste testing the icing too.

13.jpg

14.jpg

Here is Abi fully relaxed and creating a zebra, Lydia and Sue happily posing for Jen.

16.jpg

15.jpg

Gail and Doreen having fun and posing for pics and Jackie's zebra seems to be coming along nicely.

17.jpg

18.jpg

This is a really lovely picture of Elizabeth and Linda and Abi looks like she wants to giggle in this photo!

22.jpg

24.jpg

Here's me doing another demo, I like the second photo much better. :D

26.jpg

28.jpg

More pics of the girls and a lovely tiger by Jackie.

29.jpg

Here is a lovely picture of Abi, Doreen, Sue, Gail, Me (Angie), Lydia, Linda and Elizabeth, Jackie and Jen are on the other side of the camera.

I would like to say a special thanks to Jen and Jackie for taking part in the evening and for the lovely photo's.

Last edited:
What a wonderful collection of photos Angie, it certainly looks as if a good time was had by all and the end results looked marvellous. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back