What's new

Need some help to choose bakery products (1 Viewer)

Kym

Hi all,

I plan to open a small bakery shop with fresh products. I have previous business experience but not in the food nor in the retail sector. If the market will validate the concept, I plan to open more of them, hopefully a chain of bakeries in the near future. For this I need a list of products with simple cooking process that can be standardized through procedures and it doesn’t require very high skill from the baker to get a predictable quality end product and doesn’t require complex or hard to manage bakery equipment.

I need help in identifying the bakery products which meet these criteria. The main product should be something that can be grabbed and eat on the go and could replace a meal (like a big burger, pizza or sandwich kind of thing). It should be very tasty and showy in a way that would make it "Instagramable” and don’t look like an ordinary sandwich from a gas station or airport.

The ingredients should be sourced readymade from suppliers so it wouldn’t require complex or long preparation on location. Some example of such products would be the schiacciata from the All’Antico Vinaio or the Spanish bocadillo de jamon, which are made with ingredients like ham, cheese, vegetables, salami, olives, olive oil, aioli etc.

The rest of the products should be bakery products like pies, baguettes, cookies, croissants, brioches, pretzels etc. And I need some sweet bakery product ideas to complete the line. So what products would you recommend in the main line and what as the main product?

Thank you for any idea and help.

Hi Kym

Welcome to the site. 😊

From what you describe, you are looking to open a type of Artisan Bakery that will appeal to various people.

As a starting point, I would suggest you do local research. Start with your local bakery suppliers and the products they can supply you with. Dawn Foods distribute worldwide, so they may give you ideas on the type of foods or products you wish to make/sell or even purchase. Bakery-wise, at least anyway.

They have ready-to-sell products, bakery ingredients and vegan lines, so they might inspire you with the line you wish to create for your bakery.

You may have to do more research about the savoury items you mentioned.

Research other local bakeries, too, and see what products are their best sellers. Have a look at Instagram for what's on trend. See what your local bakeries are posting on Instagram/Facebook, which may give you a better idea of what people are buying.

Remember, people eat with their eyes, so your products must be vibrant, colourful and tasty.

I wish you well with your business idea and hope the above helps you.

Best wishes

Angie 👩‍🍳

Not to be a downer, but think it through

Good luck!

A Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back