What's new

Need some help (1 Viewer)

Dmgraham77

So me and my wife are planning on starting our little beignets company and I was wondering if any one knew if we would be able to make the dough, cut it into the squares and than freeze them the night prior to service. I would hate to have them stick together. Do we run the risk of starting an exposion if the dough is a tad bit frozen when we put them into the oil? We are very small and currently working small farmers markets and what not. I usually make the dough early in the morning and portion them out at the location. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the site, sorry I can't help with your question but I'm sure Angie will be able to give you plenty of guidance when she sees your post. :)

I have never personally made beignets but the mixture is similar to that of our choux pastry. What I would suggest is that you may be able to chill the mixture in the fridge overnight and then prep them and deep fry them in the morning. I have discovered that you can freeze them in squares and bake them the next day but I'm not sure if they have to be defrosted first or if you can put them straight into the oil I wouldn't want you to have a mini explosion. :shock:

I have found this which may be able to help you further Beignets although I cannot verify the content.

I have never personally made beignets but the mixture is similar to that of our choux pastry. What I would suggest is that you could chill the mixture in the fridge overnight and then prep them and deep fry them in the morning. I have discovered that you can freeze them in squares and bake them the next day but I'm not sure if they have to be defrosted first. I wouldn't want you to have a mini explosion.

I have found this which may be able to help you further Beignets although I cannot verify the content.

Thank you so much. I am going to play with them a bit before our next festival and see what happens. I don't want to compromise the taste or texture of them, but I do need to sleep at sometime. :)

You're most welcome Darren, they sound delicious and remind me a little of our doughnuts are we deep fry those, it is good to experiment with food but I am like you I do not like compromising on taste and always think that fresh is best although this cannot always be the case.

I would love to see a picture of them if you make some in the future and I hope you and your wife have great fun at the markets. :D

You're most welcome Darren, they sound delicious and remind me a little of our doughnuts are we deep fry those, it is good to experiment with food but I am like you I do not like compromising on taste and always think that fresh is best although this cannot always be the case.

I would love to see a picture of them if you make some in the future and I hope you and your wife have great fun at the markets. :D

I sure will. We actually had a customer tell us that she was from New Orleans and that our beignets were better than DuMonde's which was really exciting to hear. I will post some pics really soon.

I have just watched it and considering I have never made Beignets and this is your first video I found it really good and informative. You are teaching the viewer and explaining what you are doing in a clear and concise manner. I actually thought at one point your dough may stick to the table but it didn't and I liked the way you showed the viewer how they crisp in the pan.

I started salivating at about 5 mins in when you were about to taste them, I'd heard that much about them I actually wanted to try one. :D

Other than the few little bits with the sound and the finger over the lens the video is really good, was your wife filming behind the camera? Whoever they were they had a very steady hand.

:thumbs:

She did a great job, I thought at first you may have had a tripod set up to base the camera on but then realised that you were obviously speaking to somebody.

:doh:

Oh we look forward to the new video, I have actually thought about making vids but I don't have great lighting in my kitchen and I don't have anyone to video me. I have thought about a head camera but I'm not sure how still I could keep my head. Lol! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back