What's new

How to make smooth rounded edges with icing fondant. (1 Viewer)

Smooth edges with fondant by help me bake (10) (Medium).jpg
Have you ever see the soft edges on icing fondant and wondered how did they do that? Well, guess what, here is a little tutorial showing you just how easy it is to do. Not only does it look pretty, but it's also relatively simple to achieve and finishes off shapes beautifully.

Smooth-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-10-480x360.jpg

Method:

Roll out your icing fondant to your required thickness, place a sheet of cling film/saran wrap over the top of the icing fondant and then rest your cutter on the top.

Smoothe-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-1-480x360.jpg

2. Push the cutter directly into the cling film/saran wrap and icing.

Smoothe-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-2-480x360.jpg

3. Remove the cutter to see the indent into the icing/fondant. (You'll notice here that the pictures have changed to when I cut out the second circle. That's because I forgot to take all the relevant images when I did the first one, oops!).

Smooth-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-5-480x360.jpg

4. Now, you can either push the cutter all the way through the icing or remove the clingfilm/saran wrap.

Smooth-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-6-480x360.jpg

5. This time I removed the cling film. You can then take the cutter and cut the fondant entirely.

Smooth-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-7-480x360.jpg

6. Move the cutter from side to side on the mat to remove any edges.

Smooth-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-8-480x360.jpg

7. Then remove the cutter. You can now see how smooth and rounded the edges are.

Smooth-edges-with-fondant-by-help-me-bake-10-480x360.jpg

Simple yet effective, this design looks excellent on circles, hearts, flowers, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back