What's new

Help Me Bake 10 Year Celebration Cake

So it's official, we're now celebrating 10 years! Whoop, whoop! So for that, I decided to make a cake.

01 Help Me Bake 10 Year Celebration Cake (Medium).jpg​

Seeing as the site helps with cake baking and decorating, what better theme than to make all things cake and baking! Han got involved in this one and made a few items. She even made me a miniature edible version of my book, which I have put pride of place in the centre.

We had lots of fun making the ingredients and cake toppers, Han's incredibly proud of her whisk, and I love my strawberry tart. The cake went through many changes before we finally settled on the design. It originally started off on a shiny gold board and had a purple blanket on the top. But after a lot of trial and error, we finally settled on the above.

HMB Cake 1st Attempt (Medium).jpg​

As the cake was a way to represent the things we do on the site, we made the following miniature afternoon tea edible decorations and baking ingredients.
  • On the board, we have the chocolate cake mixture in a bowl, icing, a rolling pin, rolled-out heart cookies, a whisk, butter and knife, a bowl of sugar, an egg, and some flour.
  • For the top of the cake, we made a large chocolate layer cake, a small sponge cake, chocolate roll and swiss roll, eclairs, doughnuts, cupcakes, a strawberry tart, a cornflake cake, some cookies and my book.
HMB Cake and Baking Themed Toppers (Medium).jpg​

I wasn't happy with the reflective gold board, so I opted to change it to silver. I still felt that a touch of colour was missing on the top section, which is why I added a few purple polka dots to it. Overall I think everything stands out much better on the silver board, and the little congratulations topper finishes it off nicely.

02 Help Me Bake 10 Year Celebration Cake (Medium).jpg​

Here's to another ten years, and thank you for being a part of it. ❤️

 
😍 🎉 Wow! I love it, I can't believe it's 10 years, I've just had a quick look and was quite surprised I've been here 9 years, no-way. o_O
Yes here's to the next 10, I'll try to stay around for them. :D
 
Aww, thank you. :loveit: I can't believe it's been ten years, either, but here we are. :party: Yes, make sure you do stick around for them Mrs, I've got plenty going on to keep you busy. :wink:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top