What's new

FMM Impression Mat Tree Bark and Brick Wall Set 1 Review (1 Viewer)

These are 'Set 1' from the FMM Impression Mat collection and are the Tree Bark and Brick Wall designs. The mat sizes I received were 147mm in length x 69mm wide x 3 mm thick and lime green in colour. They feel a touch on the slim side; however, they are still sturdy enough to hold their shape.
FMM Tree Bark and Brick Wall Impression Mats Set 1  (18).jpg
Before usage, they were washed in hot soapy water. However, when cleaning the tree bark mat, I noticed slight marks on it, which I tried to remove. Unfortunately, the marks are ingrained into the plastic and won't go even after a thorough scrubbing; the brick wall mat is fine, though.

FMM-Tree-Bark-and-Brick-Wall-Impression-Mats-Set-1-3-475x640.jpg

Out of the two impression mats, I tried the tree bark mat first; I rolled out my sugarpaste fondant on a lightly dusted surface; I then placed the mat on top of the sugarpaste fondant and then rolled over it with a rolling pin; I then cut around the mat and peeled it away to leave the impression. Again, the mat peeled away easily and gave me instant tree bark results. My only slight gripe with this product is that there wouldn't be that many 'wood knots' etched into the design on a large area. I also think the bark lines on the mat should be more uneven to give you a more realistic effect.

FMM-Tree-Bark-and-Brick-Wall-Impression-Mats-Set-1-7-001-480x426.jpg

I then tried the second mat again, rolling out sugarpaste fondant and impressing the mat into it; this peeled away beautifully and left a perfect brickwork effect.

FMM-Tree-Bark-and-Brick-Wall-Impression-Mats-Set-1-10-480x433.jpg

The tree bark design works better on cupcakes than a whole cake or board, as you can target and cut out the 'wood knot' from the design. The brickwork design, however, is fabulous and looks good as both strips and as cupcake toppers.

FMM-Tree-Bark-and-Brick-Wall-Impression-Mats-Set-1-13-475x640.jpg

These mats give you instant results; however, the brick wall impression mat is the better design out of the two.

FMM-Tree-Bark-and-Brick-Wall-Impression-Mats-Set-1-17-480x357.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back