What's new

Embossed Moulds Impression Mats Review (1 Viewer)

I'm all about having various Impression Mats or Embossers in my Cake Box, especially when they come in handy when adding definition and bringing creations to life. So when I came across these Embossed Moulds as they call them and how cheap they were, I wondered if they were really worth a buy.

To be honest, I usually stick with my go-to places for cake supplies, but after reading some of the reviews on these, I thought for a second and then did a quick impulse buy.

So after using them, I pleased to report the following findings...

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (14) (Medium).jpg

How many designs are there?

There are 9 in total. However, on the website, the patterns are described as:

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (10) (Medium).jpg
  • Brick
  • Pebble Stone
  • Wood Grain
  • Bow Ties
  • Flower
  • Wall
  • Heart Shapes
What size are the embossers?
  • The embossers are approximately 15 cm in length.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (12) (Medium).jpg
  • By 7 cm high.
Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (13) (Medium).jpg

Are the mould stamps flexible?
  • No, they are rigid and stiff.

How do you hold the embossers?
  • You can either hold them at the outer edges or use the handle in the middle.

How much do they weigh?
  • The embossing stamps range in weight; they vary from 25 grams up to 54 grams depending on how much plastic has been used in the pattern.
How do you clean them?
  • According to the website, they are Dishwasher Safe or Hand Wash in hot soapy water. (I've washed them in hot soapy water).

What are they made of?
  • Food Safe Grade Plastic

What do the patterns look like?
  • This is the heart design that would be perfect for Valentine's Day or Baby Shower toppers.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (24) (Medium).jpg

• I class this as a lattice design, perfect for an Indian or Morrocan theme, perhaps?

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (15) (Medium).jpg

• Ring/Circular Design reminds me of old school computer graphics, which may be good for birthday boy toppers.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (16) (Medium).jpg

• I'm assuming this is the one they describe as 'bow tie'. However, when I took the pictures, I had no idea of the name of it. Hence the reason it has been photographed two ways. The pattern in between reminds me of a moustache, so that would be great for Movember!

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (17) (Medium).jpg Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (18) (Medium).jpg

• This one reminds me of a plant/hedge pattern.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (19) (Medium).jpg

• Again this could be used on Baby Shower, or Christening themed Toppers.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (20) (Medium).jpg

• The pictures displayed on the website show this design to be a little more 3D. I only pushed the embosser lightly on the fondant due to it being a very hot day, and the fondant was tacky, so I didn't want it sticking and tearing.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (21) (Medium).jpg

• This design would suit Baby Showers and Mother's Day toppers.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (22) (Medium).jpg

• This would be the pebble stone design which is really effective.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (23) (Medium).jpg

What can you use the embossers for?

• You could imprint cookies, cakes, cupcakes and much more.

Slight Imperfection
  • I must confess that upon receipt of the embossers, I found that one of them was slightly curved, although not enough for it not to work properly.

Embossed Moulds Review by Help Me Bake (11) (Medium).jpg

How much were they?
  • I paid £7.78 for these and to be honest for less than a pound apiece they are perfect for the price.

Conclusion
  • Overall I like the quality, the price and the patterns they created, so I'm happy to recommend.

Related Posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back