What's new

Creative Cakes and Bakes - Standish (1 Viewer)

Creative Cakes and Bakes Program – Standish (Jan – Feb 14)

1603270463774.png

We have just finished the first of our four week baking programs at our new location of Standish Community High School and we’ve had some great fun along the way. We haven’t had that many dramas apart from a mix up with the ovens, over baking my Victoria Sandwich on week one whilst getting used to a new oven and then final week finishing off with perfect current scone mix ready to place in the oven and then adding too much milk to my cherry scone mix making it a tad too sticky. Needless to say I was able to demonstrate that one; it can very easily happen, and two; what you do to remedy the situation. Once baked they tasted delicious anyway so win win all round.

During the course we have made cakes and bakes that are easy to do and can be reproduced at home without any tuition. The classes are an encouragement and confidence boost evening whereby you can ask questions if problems occur and how to rectify them. Plus you get to take home tasty treats at the end of it!

I didn’t manage to get photo’s of everything we have made each week, for one basic reason that I was so engrossed in teaching I had actually forgotten.

We have made some wholesome treats that are great on a winters evening and we made some fun stuff too that you can make with the kids and grandchildren on a rainy day. I’m really looking forward to the next one which is a Spring themed one. Hopefully this time with pictures! :wink:

I also received lovely feedback about the course too, fun and praise, I love my job! :p

Last edited:
Those are lovely Angie, well done! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back