What's new

Christmas Cake and Tea Soaked Fruit Question

Hi. I’ve just started following you after finding one of your fruit cake recipes yesterday.
I haven’t used alcohol in the recipe; I soaked the fruit in tea!
Would the cake last until next week or should I freeze it until decorating?
 
Hi Heather apologies for the delay in getting back to you but I've only just seen this message and usually answer all my baking questions on my site.

I hope your cake did turn out okay. In answer to your question tea will shorten the shelf life of the cake so no I don't think it will last the week, maybe a few days. Alcohol is used to prolong the life of the cake whereas tea will just add flavour and plumpness to your fruit. Therefore, yes, I would have suggested freezing until needed. If you need anything else, in the future please post to my site, helpmebake.com that way you will get a much quicker response. Thank you for following.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top