Scottish shortbread cookie with a marshmallow, dipped in callebaut 811.
Messy to dip, I might need to thin the choc a bit.
It tastes better than it looks.
i was asked to be a mod on a baking forum and that took up my time, so I skipped saint Patricks for this year.Yeah much better, just clean the rainbowup slightly and I think that’s a winning combination. The rainbow adds a nice touch and gives it a more colourful eye catching visual. As do the little pops of green in the pot.
The farmers mkt is 30 miles away, not a huge deal but if I can drum up interest from my driveway thats my preference, no lugging tables and setting up or dragging stuff around.Sounds like you have been busy. Congrats on becoming a mod. It's a shame you didn't manage to make your St Patrick's Day treats, but at least you have designs ahead of time for next year.
I love the tent frame. It looks a good size. What treats are you doing for the farmers market? I'm sure if you put a post out to all the people who buy your treats, then you'll sell out in no time. I love the idea of the weekend bakery stand too, that sounds fabulous. I'm sure that would be a hit with the neighbours.
At least you have prep time and idea time for the upcoming markets, with it being in May. So good luck with the stall, and let me know how you get on.
The farmers mkt is 30 miles away, not a huge deal but if I can drum up interest from my driveway thats my preference, no lugging tables and setting up or dragging stuff around.
i bought these foil cups with dome lid, good for bird nests with eggs and meringue bird.
Also made some danish, topped with pistacio cream and cherry filling, they have good eye appeal.
And an oatmeal cookie with english toffee, dipped in choc..
The farmers mkt is 30 miles away, not a huge deal but if I can drum up interest from my driveway thats my preference, no lugging tables and setting up or dragging stuff around.
i bought these foil cups with dome lid, good for bird nests with eggs and meringue bird.
Also made some danish, topped with pistacio cream and cherry filling, they have good eye appeal.
And an oatmeal cookie with english toffee, dipped in choc..
Taste testing is the best part, so when needs must. They do look nice though so I can see why.I freeze the danish slugs raw , thaw and bake when needed, it works fine with danish, but terrible with croiss.Yeah, if you can get local sales rather than trekking, then that would be good for your purse strings, travel time and of course, your back!
The foil cups are pretty, so your products in them should sell well.
The Danish looks very indulgent but looks both sweet and savoury to me in equal measure. The pistachio cream just reminds me of pesto on the top, which detracts from the ruby-coloured cherries and gives me a savoury vibe. Have you put a lemon curd drizzle on the outer edges of the pastry? If so I like that. I can't gauge the size of the pastry, but it looks massive. I bet it tastes delicious, but the colour of the pistachio cream puts me off slightly.
Lol! 'I made the cookies, then ate the cookies', well, that says it all.Taste testing is the best part, so when needs must. They do look nice though so I can see why.
I've been very run down, sleeping around the clock, by coincidence I had a doctors appt for today, they ran tests and found i have a urinary tract infection. Nice to know what it is, that takes the mental misery away.Yeah that’s a good idea, that way they’re prepped and ready to go when you need them.
Thanks for the sizing, that’s better, from the first pic they looked to be as big as your hand but now I can see they’re an ample size for a sweet treat.
I've been very run down, sleeping around the clock, by coincidence I had a doctors appt for today, they ran tests and found i have a urinary tract infection. Nice to know what it is, that takes the mental misery away.
They gave me antibiotics but it takes 2 days to get in the system. So everything is on hold, its no good if I can't stand up.
Oh no, what do the other guys at the farmers market use to weigh their tents down? Or do they have sturdier versions? That's a shame because that was a good size.