What's new

Christmas Cakes - Worsley College Student Cakes (1 Viewer)

I did a guest teaching slot at Worsley College last night and had the opportunity of meeting some of the ladies on Linda's course. I would like to say a big hello to you all. (Kay, Barbara, Denise, Lisa, Michelle & Judith). We had lots of fun, enjoyed our lesson and even had a Christmas meal together, one of many I'm sure...well if Linda has anything to do it then most definitely!

Here are some of the creations.....

Denise:

Denise.JPG

This is Denise's fabulous design which encompasses every element of the Christmas spirit, I had the opportunity of spending time with her last night and found out that she has over 30 years experience in baking and cooking. I'm looking forward to seeing her again on Saturday at the Festive weekend course and tapping into her font of knowledge, my notepad is at the ready! :D

Kay:

Kay - Holly Special.JPG

This is Kay's lovely Holly design, she has never covered a cake before and has managed to cover decorate and create a beautiful holly design too! A marvellous job, well done!

Barbara:

Perfect Penguin.JPG

This is Barbara's beautiful birthday cake design, again this is her first attempt at cake decorating. She has piped the base using royal icing, made the model penguin, cut out hearts in red icing and piped a lovely birthday message. Fabulous!

Angie & Linda:

Linda Snowman Design.JPG

This is Linda's snowman cake, she is an avid Manchester City Fan and wanted to incorporate the colours into her design. In order to make the blue colour I dyed white icing using concentrated baby blue food dye, I also did a demonstration for the class on how to make penguins and snowmen. Linda used the demo snowman for her centrepiece and made white and blue hearts for decoration.

I thoroughly enjoyed last night spending time with the ladies, and love my new nicknames of the Hygiene Queen and Mary Berry :) (hygiene is fundamental when it comes to food, hence the reason I offer advice and incorporate it in my lessons, as for Mary Berry....there is only one Mary Berry and those are some BIG shoes to fill...love her and Paul Hollywood they make a great team!)

Now back to the thank you's.....

A big thanks to Lisa for her wonderful Gingerbread biscuit, it was gorgeous and much needed as I was starving! Also thank you to Anna, Liz and Sheila for making the Christmas meal....a great evening from start to finish. Well other than my parking episode! LOL!

Well two down one to go so now I need to prep for Saturday's festivities I will be teaching alongside the Lovely Linda and I'm so looking forward to it! :D

Last edited:
Thanks Angela for all the teaching,I'm really happy for my new skill that I have learnt.i will remember you when I'm favour!
You are a lovely and nice person to been around with,you are a good teacher. Looking forward to more decorating course,thanks very much.
Keep up the good work.liz

Aww thank you so much Liz you are most welcome. I will miss your wonderful laugh for the short term but look forward to teaching you again next year. :D I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and New Year. Keep up the baking and decorating and I will see you soon. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back