Recent content by kay97

  1. K

    Fondant belt decor help / advice

    Hello just a reply with an update on the cake & the finished result as promised. It held up perfectly, and me and my friend (who made the top tier) are absolutely over the moon with the end result! Consideding its both our 3rd cakes weve ever made. My partner & everyone who came to his party...
  2. K

    Fondant belt decor help / advice

    Yes absolutely hopefully it all works out well in the end! Thankyou again so much for your help and yes I've got some dowels to support the top tier cake it'll be a 6 inch on top so I've got some of the bubble rod dowels and I'll place 6 into the bottom tier cake to support the weight...
  3. K

    Fondant belt decor help / advice

    Oh your certainly haven't bombarded me with too much info at once it's been very helpful and learnt me a few things! I should have said its going to be a 2 tier cake and this cake is the bottom tier hence why I need the cake belt to be wrapped around the cake instead of being a topper. The top...
  4. K

    Fondant belt decor help / advice

    Thank you for your welcome message. It's much appreciated 😊
  5. K

    Fondant belt decor help / advice

    Hi Angie, firstly thankyou so much for your indepth advice & options you have given me i greatly appreciate them and they've taught me a few useful things I was unaware of! I've just ordered some tylo powder which will arrive tomorrow in preparation for the belt. I did think of the option of...
  6. K

    Fondant belt decor help / advice

    Hello everyone complete newbie here to the site. I'm pretty new to cake baking/decorating in general i just do it for fun but so far i've made 2 cakes to date 1st one for my daughters birthday in July 2024 & one for my mums birthday in Oct 2024. Both were vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream...
Back
Top