Recent content by HanlHughes

  1. H

    Making my first novelty cake... help needed!

    Thank you so much for your help! I'm so glad I researched and found this page before I started rather than following my usual slap dash style. Apart from a few last minute dashes to get yet more butter after underestimating the amount of frosting I'd need, it worked out really well, I'm really...
  2. H

    Making my first novelty cake... help needed!

    Oh that's reassuring. I've never known to layer it up so perhaps that's where I'm going wrong! I may give it a go because it's much nicer than roll out icing, I think. Thank you so much!! I'll let you know how I get on
  3. H

    Making my first novelty cake... help needed!

    Returning to the icing- if I wasn't use rolling icing, would 'regular' butter cream work okay for the exterior? And the piping detail? I've often found it hard to get smooth, and I read that swiss buttercream is better, though I worry that will be too 'faffy' to make (given I'll be staying up...
  4. H

    Making my first novelty cake... help needed!

    Hello, I am so pleased to find this group. I've learnt so much from reading all the forums! I am attempting to make my first novelty cake for my daughter's 'Disney' themed party. I don't want to be too ambitious but I am adamant that it will be a home-made cake. I am thinking something like...
Back
Top