What's new

Wu Pao-Chun Bakery (1 Viewer)

I recently came across the Wu Pao-Chun Bakery by accident from a picture one of our long term members posted. It was a humorous post showing bread buns framed in a lifted T-shirt and Jeans packet. Having never seen anything like it before, I went on a little bit of a hunt to find out more about this humorous baker and came across a story that intrigued me.

Wu Pao- Chun Bakery Buns.PNG

You see, the master behind the curtain who is pretty much an Olympian in his field is actually allergic to flour! So I ask myself, why would a guy who reacts to flour and turns red each time he touches it continue to have such a love affair with baking and churn out some of the most delectable treats you may have seen?

In answer to this question, I discovered that Wu Pao-Chun came from very humble beginnings and learned to bake bread straight out of high school so that he had skills he could use to support himself in later life. Starting out apprenticing in Taiwanese Bakeries, who taught him how to make breads, buns and pastries, he then studied under some of the most prestigious bakers. He continues to learn and receive accolades for his work, even taking flavours from their native countries and infusing them into his products so that the consumer can have authentic homemade treats.

His take on baking is that sharing knowledge between bakers is a great commodity, and that's why he chooses not to keep his recipes a secret. Also, factor in that no two bakers with the same recipe will make the same thing; he feels there is room for everybody. Add to that, his range of products from sweet, savoury to spicy, he caters to just about everybody!

Well done, Wu Pao-Chun for coming up with ingenious new recipes and fun ways to market your products!

Keep up the good work. 😊 #branding #packaging #breadabs

If you want to see more mouth-watering treats, then be sure to check out their Singapore Facebook Page.

Last edited:
That was fascinating and a great bit of history, well done to him on overcoming his allergy and turning out such tasty creations. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back