What's new

What is Ingenious Edibles Safety Seal? (1 Viewer)

Ingenious Edibles Safety Seal is a food-safe barrier that creates a protective layer between your cakes, bakes and decorations.

ingenious edibles safety seal (Medium).PNG

What is the safety seal used for?
  • Fresh Flowers that need to be inserted or placed on top of your cake.
  • Wires, picks and sugar flowers.
  • It's great for the internal wired structure of cake models and toppers.
  • It can also be used as a protective layer between different types of boards and structures.

How do I use the safety seal on my cake decorations?
  • To use, remove the lid and melt the pot in the microwave (see retailers website for full instructions); once melted and cooled, insert your stems into the pot; this will quickly cover them in a wax coating and seal them. Once set, they are then food safe and can be pushed directly into your cakes and bakes.
  • It can also be melted and then poured into a cake ring or poured directly onto parchment paper enabling you to make a protective disc for top tier flowers or inedible cake toppers.

How long does it take to set?
  • The seal takes approximately 20 minutes to set properly.

How many times can I use the pot?
  • As many times as you like until the seal runs out.

Can you change the colour of it?
  • Yes, the seal can be coloured using edible dust and oil-based dyes.

Will I contaminate the pot if something drops in it?
  • No, whatever drops into the pot instantly becomes coated and sealed. If this happens and you wish to remove the debris from your pot, pour the mixture through a sieve and bowl and then pour the sieved contents back into your pot.

Important Notice:

Although Safety Seal is food-safe, it may contain one or more allergens, so please ensure you read the label before using.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back