What's new

Transparent Lemon Meringue Pie (1 Viewer)

So I recently spotted this doing the rounds, and I'm finally getting ready to posting about it!

transluscent Lemon meringue pie.JPG

There is a pie that has been amazing and baffling the internet in equal measure, and it turns out to be a Transparent Lemon Meringue Pie.

According to reports, a chef in Leeds has been baking a pie with a difference, one that has a curd that you can see-through.

Chef Dempsey started creating his Lemon Meringue Pie 2.0 sometime last year. After perfecting his recipe, he explains how the pie has a regular base, meringue top but with a top-secret translucent filling that takes two whole days to make and is a closely guarded secret. He is currently serving the dish in the restaurant where he works and it's going down a treat.

Seeing as James's recipe is top secret, I have found two ways in which you can make the dessert yourself.

Firstly by following the mini vid and recipe created by Tastemade...

Or if you have more time on your hands and fancy a laugh then watch this hilarious video of Barry Lewis having a go at making it himself...

Whatever you decide, enjoy and happy baking! 😊

Last edited:
I saw that report earlier today, I didn't follow it up though as it's not something I'd do even though I love lemon meringue. :)

Han's just seen it and told me she doesn't like the look of it at all.

The centre reminds me of the jelly/gelatin that you find in the centre of pork pies, so it's not for me either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back