What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [2] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Today I've been making these chocolate strawberries!

Choc Strawberries.jpg

I think I need smaller strawberries but I must admit they were delicious albeit very chocolatey! :p

Ooh! I'm drooling seeing that Angie, and you can never have to much chocolaty. :homer_drooling:

Thank you both...they were nice but very indulgent, I will do them again but with smaller strawberries and a little less topping. Hannah loved them nonetheless. :wink:

Today I have been playing around with ingredients for Indulgent Rocky Road, Han doesn't like the marshmallows so she is working round those. :D I think I will do a tutorial for these too, as I have had a few requests for some more no bake items.

I also made some lamb shanks today for tea in the slow cooker, wow, I even surprise myself, they were delicious and my mash was perfect! :D #feelingfull

That all sounds delicious Angie. Don't have a slow cooker, mind you have no need for one John doesn't eat meat. He just wasn't brought up with it really, doesn't like pork but likes luncheon meat and sausages, pork pies, sausage rolls etc. I used to make cottage pie for me and the kids but he wont touch mince so he didn't want that.
He does like chicken and fish plus he likes offal, but I don't do that, he reckons I can't cook liver and kidneys properly so I don't. :D
Sunday dinner is meatless for him, veg, roast potatoes, new potatoes and Yorkshire Pudding with gravy. He's happy, but it is challenging, he's diabetic and the food they told him he could have is expensive and he doesn't like it, all the things he does like he's not supposed to have. :eyeroll:

Oh! I do like Freecycle, in the week someone posted that they wanted a Video player, I sent a message that I had one and yesterday afternoon he came and picked it up.

So I thought I wonder if I could get rid of some other stuff. Made 3 posts, the DVD player, a 28" old CRT TV and a 19" LG CRT TV. The DVD player went on the list and within half an hour I'd had 3 replies and it was picked up last night. The TV posts were waiting for MOD approval when I looked last night so left it at that.

Got a phone call this morning that someone wanted the 28" and they came for it a bit later, it was the same person who had had the DVD player. :D Just the smaller TV to go now. These TVs are ones we've never even used but Peter got them from a friend and thought they, well the 28", would be OK for us if ours broke down and they've been taking up room for years so it was time for them to go. :D

I don't know what freecycle is Joan but it seems a nice thing to do after reading your post. :)

That's fab Joan, you're making space and your goods are off to a new home. We tend to do that but with friends, I like to find a home for our things that we have no use for anymore. We currently have to detox the loft when we get a minute. Some stuff will have to go to the tip but I'm sure I can find homes for Hans old toys and some electrical bits and bobs.

I don't know what freecycle is Joan but it seems a nice thing to do after reading your post. :)
Hi Jean, it's a network of sites, I think it's UK wide but not sure. It's a place where you can post unwanted items to stop them going to landfill, you can also post asking for things and if someone has what you are looking for they can get in touch.

It's not just electrical items it's anything and everything.
This is the link if you want to know more. http://uk.freecycle.org/

That's fab Joan, you're making space and your goods are off to a new home. We tend to do that but with friends, I like to find a home for our things that we have no use for anymore. We currently have to detox the loft when we get a minute. Some stuff will have to go to the tip but I'm sure I can find homes for Hans old toys and some electrical bits and bobs.
We still have the smaller TV to go and John may have to take that to the tip if no-one wants it. I tried phoning a few charity shops to see if any of them wanted the Videos we have, they didn't, they said they couldn't get rid of them anymore so stopped taking them, so they'll be going to the tip. :(

I'm sure you'll find a home for the TV but I do think the vids will be off to the tip. :( The problem being in about ten years they'll come back in fashion and all the old classics will be worth a fortune. Maybe you should box them up and hang onto them a little longer. :p

I always do that I have stuff for ages and then when I finally get rid of the stuff I then need it for something, it's Sod's Law! Lol! :wink:

Still waiting for my bell bottoms to come back. They look great with my platform shoes :p

A Guy

Oh they'll be back bill, the last time platforms came back was when I was about 18 so I am assuming that in the next few years they will make an appearance along with bell bottoms. Although this time round I won't be wearing them.

Have you got rid of your vids yet Joan? Sorry just laughing to myself my pre selective put in bids not vids so I had to change it. Lol!

No Angie, haven't done anything about them yet they're still sitting on the shelves. On Freecycle you have to wait before you can post the same thing again, I think it's a month, so still waiting for that first posting to grab anyone's attention for the smaller TV. :wink:

@Bill, I'd love to see you in those bell bottoms and platform shoes I bet you look very dapper. :D

My phone had a new update today taking me to Lumia Denim now, it gave me Cortana and then tells me it can't talk my language yet. :what:

Keep them Joan, they may be worth loads of money in a few years! Lol! :wink:

I've been doing a lot of playing about in the kitchen of late, I have been working on my Rocky Road recipe and my indulgent rocky road. I think the indulgent one had a few too many nuts in so I'm looking at refining the recipe to make it a little more palatable. :p
Once I have perfected it I will post it on the site.

I'm thinking this weekend will be the making of my toppers for my upcoming workshop, I have lots of ides buzzing round my head so now I just have to put them into icing so to speak.

Go you Jean, I've been on the bike again. :D

We also popped out for some sample wallpaper to John's dismay (he really didn't want to go). I think we got about 9 samples in total which I stuck to the living room wall when we got home with copius amounts of selotape as somebody couldn't find the staple gun. :sarc:Out of the ones we did get we have definitely decided what we don't want. Lol! But we do have more of an idea of what we do want, although I may have to get a few more samples just in case! :wink:

Han has also helped me out with the final design for the upcoming Frozen Cake that I am making for my God-daughter's birthday. She's great help and has a wonderful eye for detail. We are both happy with the design and I value her input especially as she is my target audience. :D

Sounds like you've been having fun, are you just having a feature wall done in paper or is it an all over room ?

Looking forward to seeing the photo of the cake.

I've managed to get Cortana working on my phone and last evening was spent downloading and installing the new build of Windows 10. I thought it would never end, I clicked on the download button just before 7.30 last night and when it got to the desktop after install it was midnight so I just suspended the VM and closed down my machine for the night. :scream:

We still cannot decide Joan, because of the way the living room is set up we cannot have a feature wall as such because my fireplace takes up a lot of room. We went wallpaper shopping again today and brought back loads of samples, we have a much clearer colour scheme but it's trying to work out what is going to look right in the room.

I've just had another play about with the cake and set it up on the right size board, I'm quite chuffed too as I have a 14" board in my cupboard which is actually the size I need, I did have the box already but now I don't have to nip out for the board now. :D

Aww bless you and Cortana, John's been playing about on it too and Archie I think he had probs with it also, John's put a reminder on his although I'm not sure what it's going to do, he asked about the weather yesterday and got some random sentence instead. This takes me back to the first bit of software that you would dictate to, and it would type it out for you, we had great fun with that especially with my accent! :p I haven't got the patience with downloads and installs, I leave all that for John to do....well it is his department!

I had a couple of mishaps to start with then it was brilliant I asked her to send a text and she asked who to I told her then told her what to put in the text and send, it worked, oh and she calls me Joan. :D

I told Kelly not to bother answering any texts from me as I was just playing. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back