What's new

Spider Chrysanthemum Flowers by Lesley Dalton - BSG (1 Viewer)

So I've been back to another meeting with the BSG, and this month we've had the opportunity to sit and watch a demonstration on how to make Spider Chrysanthemums with Lesley Dalton.

Spider Chrysanthemum by Lesley Dalton (Medium).jpg

The flower above was a replica of the Spider Chrysanthemums she showed us how to make on the day.

Lesley was very helpful, took us step-by-step on how to make the flowers, and gave us advice and insight into her techniques along the way. Not only did she show us how to make them from start to finish, but she also encouraged us to make them in varying stages of bloom. For example, starting from just a bud straight through to a full flower. It was a very interesting and eventful meeting and one that I may have a go at, at some point.

Below is a finished Spider Chrysanthemum arrangement made up to look like a plant for the house, so please note that you don't always have to make flowers just for cakes. You can also make them for decorations around your home too.

Lesley Dalton Flowers - BSG 3 (Medium).jpg

Another thing Lesley mentioned was that even if you don't want to make any flowers, you can easily make spiky elements like in the picture below. They don't take away from the central flower but add a little dimension to the overall arrangement.

Lesley Dalton Flowers - BSG (Medium).jpg

As you can see, there are lots of variations, ideas and help in the meetings showing you an array of techniques, so if this is something you are interested in, please click the link below. This will redirect you to the BSG Branch Finder and enable you to find your local meeting.

I hope you have enjoyed a little insight into the meetings, and I encourage you to check out yours. They're great fun and very informative.

Related Posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back