What's new

Slim Brownies... (1 Viewer)

Well I made my brownies today, yayyyy ...first time brownie success they turned out great except I thought a little on the thin side, would of liked them a little thicker. So for my next batch, Was wondering if I increase the recipe by half how much extra time would I need to cook them...these were 20 minutes at 180c would maybe extra 10 min. do it...?

1603268448323.png
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done on making your brownies! Rather than altering your Brownie recipe that has turned out perfect (sometimes recipes cannot be doubled up) how about using a smaller tin? I'm not sure if you have used a traybake tin or a small tin to bake them in, but I'm assuming as they are thin then you have used a larger thin tin. I tend to use a 7/8 inch square tin for my brownie recipes.

Anyhow if you do increase the recipe by half and make them thicker in shape, then I would increase the time in 5-minute increments. 10 mins will probably be fine, but if you check your bake after 25 mins, then you'll see if you need the additional extra 5 minutes or if you need to take them out.

I tend to bake mine for 30 mins so you should be good.

Last edited:
Thanks Angie, I did use an 8x8 cake tin. Maybe I should just keep it the way it is, as you said this recipe has worked. Here are my brownies do they look too skinny...

68d12ac0dad11ea8e1231eeec22ca8fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Angie, I did use an 8x8 cake tin. Maybe I should just keep it the way it is, as you said this recipe has worked. Here are my brownies do they look too skinny...

68d12ac0dad11ea8e1231eeec22ca8fe.jpg

They look fine Macette, when you said skinny I thought you meant more like a biscuit rather than a slice. :wink:

With regards to recipes some are very versatile and can be double up or changed but I know a lot of people who have had lots of trouble when fiddling about with recipes and then get disheartened when it doesn't turn out right. If it ain't broke don't fix it lol! :p However, it's always good to experiment too so if you're not too bothered by the outcome and more about playing then experiment away! :D

I think they look good as they are. :)
Thanks Joan, the grandkids loved them and so did the other half...lol...I will have another go just to prove they weren't a fluke.....lol and will try self raising flour next time, the recipe i used was plain flour, so they might get a little taller with Angie's recipe...:wink:

Wooohoooo think I got bit more height... just changed plain flour to S/R flour
464f7a231526159fad0e22a93aa8f5f6.jpg

Very happy with these, stayed very moist. Wanted to try your receipt Angie but had no real choc in the house. So had to use recipe I had, very similar using coca powder.

Ooh they look delicious, they are a good height and you can tell by the pic they are nice and moist.

Lol don't worry Macette as long as you are baking and having fun use whatever recipes you like. [emoji6]I just linked to the recipes for you as an alternative to your own.

Did you use the same tin again?

Ooh they look delicious, they are a good height and you can tell by the pic they are nice and moist.

Lol don't worry Macette as long as you are baking and having fun use whatever recipes you like. [emoji6]I just linked to the recipes for you as an alternative to your own.

Did you use the same tin again?

Yes Angie used the same size tin and it worked better with your s/r flour the only difference with yours was the real choc. Which I'm sure is gorgeous but had none so 1/3 cup of coca...

The cocoa obviously worked because they look divine. Go you switching up recipes! [emoji6]

Last edited:
I've just been searching through some pics and came across these, maybe one to keep in mind for the grandkids at Christmas, you have to be quick with the cream though! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back