What's new

Ridges in cake from the tin (1 Viewer)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Janey

I hope you don’t mind me pointing this out, but I have a little advice for you, if I may. 😊 After looking at one of your cake pics again, I can see the very faint ridgeline from your tin when they have been removed.

I had trouble with this with my old tins, (as you can see on my cake pic below), so I started to replace them with new PME tins over time.

Cake Ridge By Help Me Bake 1.jpg

They aren’t expensive (the PME ones, that is) but give the exterior of the cake a much cleaner edge to work with and seeing as you use buttercream for yours, it would make your cakes even more flawless.

I have attached a picture below to show the difference between the tins and thought it might be helpful to you, especially with all the cakes you make for people.

Cake Tin Differences PME Tins by Help Me Bake 1.png

You do such a lovely job with them that I thought the pic may be of use to you should you wish to trade in your tins in the future.

Anyway, I hope this has been helpful to you and good luck with the cake.

I’m sure it will be amazing.

Best wishes

Angie xx

Last edited:
Hi, I don't mind at all, thank you for the advice, I do cut my tops off tho so it doesn't effect the look so that's good but I will definitely look into those tins for future.

Jane xx

They are FABULOUS tins, but please note If you do buy them, NEVER put PME tins in the Dishwasher like I did. :eyeroll:
If you do, you'll strip the coating off them, so always ensure you hand wash them.

PME Tins when they go through the Dishwasher (3)-001 (Medium).jpg PME Tins when they go through the Dishwasher (2)-001 (Medium).jpg

For best results when you've baked in them, wash them in hot soapy water, rinse them and then let them dry off in your cooling oven. It dries them quicker and prolongs the life of the tin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back