What's new

raspberry fluff cheesecake problem (1 Viewer)

jane vaughan

im trying to make a raspberry fluff cheesecake following a recipe by Maxine Clark & am not too sure about part of the recipe. The list of ingredients states 1 pack of jelly made up to manafacturers inst but then it says to cut the jelly into chunks to mix with evaporated milk. If i follow instructions on jelly pack it means it will make 1pint of jelly & pretty impossible to cut this into chunks. Can anyone advise? Im probably just being a bit dim

Solution
Hi Jane

Welcome to the site.

No you're not being dim if you are not sure it is always good to ask. :) After looking at the recipe online I see that the recipe will be covering a 28cm in diameter flan base so the pint of jelly you will be making should be fine as it's covering a large area. You do realise that you will have to let the jelly set first before you can cut in up into chunks. To make it easier to cut into chunks you may wish to set the jelly in some kind of square tin if you have one or maybe a swiss roll tin.

I must admit I had to re read the instructions when I first saw it. Some cheesecakes use gelatin in them in order for them to give you a mousse like texture so I'm assuming the jelly will give you the same effect...
Hi Jane

Welcome to the site.

No you're not being dim if you are not sure it is always good to ask. :) After looking at the recipe online I see that the recipe will be covering a 28cm in diameter flan base so the pint of jelly you will be making should be fine as it's covering a large area. You do realise that you will have to let the jelly set first before you can cut in up into chunks. To make it easier to cut into chunks you may wish to set the jelly in some kind of square tin if you have one or maybe a swiss roll tin.

I must admit I had to re read the instructions when I first saw it. Some cheesecakes use gelatin in them in order for them to give you a mousse like texture so I'm assuming the jelly will give you the same effect.

You're probably best to make the jelly the day before or slightly in advance of the cheesecake that way you can just follow the instructions from start to finish when you are doing it and the jelly will be all set and ready to go!

Hope this helps.

Good luck, the cheesecake sounds lovely. :wink:

Last edited:
Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back