What's new

New York City - ASE 2014 and a trip to the Cake Boss Cafe. (1 Viewer)

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
We have finally arrived at the summit and have checked into the lovely room at the Marriott Marquis, today is all about staying awake to try and shift my bodyclock into the NY time zone. :D

Today is the first time I have ever had breakfast via room service. It's something I have always wanted to do, and I have finally achieved my goal. We went for a walk this morning before the seminars/meetings; we headed into Times Square, which they are pedestrianising on one side. We passed the dancing baby, hello kitty and a really bad version of a minion! John found me Cake Boss Cafe; we did a few pics. I look forward to going in there tomorrow to get a Cannoli!

:dinesh:

Room Service Breakfast (Small).jpg

Room Service.

new york (203) (Small).jpg

Me in Times Square before we head to the meetings/seminars.

Cakeboss3 (Small).jpg

A quick look at Buddy and Cake!

We also saw the New York Police Dept. I actually thought it was a novelty one until John corrected me. There is a lot of seminars to get through today, we went to the Hard Rock for lunch and had a delightful barbecue chicken. Later on, I actually had a seminar with the first English guy Matt Woodward (who's an award-winning blogger), after a quick introduction and asking whether there was anything I would like to cover in the seminar I found out that we were born in the same town and grew up in the same area!
:D

I actually learned a lot from his seminar as it was very informative. I'm quite excited about implementing changes to the site to enhance it and help as many people as I can.
:thumbs:

I have to remember it's a slow process no rush and Rome wasn't built in a day. I'm on a journey and should enjoy it!
:wink:

new york (205) (Small).jpg

We went to the Police Dept, they had some mini cars outside, but I forgot to take a photo of them.

Hard Rock Cafe NY (Small).jpg

Here is Brett Michaels Guitar from the Hard Rock Cafe.

Naked Cowboy NYC (Small).jpg

Here is the naked cowboy, I have always wanted to see him and this time we finally did! :D

Last edited:
Today we were up early and headed straight the Cake Boss Cafe before the seminars it's on 42nd street, I still struggle here with where I'm going and which direction. We managed to grab some photos with the famous Buddy bobblehead, grab some cakes and a mug. I'm looking forward to trying my Cannoli with a drink of tea later! Currently off to lunch and then back to seminars! :wink:

Cake Boss Cafe NY Bobblehead (Small).jpg

Cake Boss Cafe NYC (Small).jpg

Cake Boss Cafe Window (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Today we have started off with Room Service breakfast, I'm quite liking this now, it's very civilised, and all we're missing is the paper. We would have had one, but John told the lady at reception we didn't need one. I have seen in the online news about Costumed Characters in Times Square charging people for photos. We saw a few out and about yesterday, but the police are issuing flyers explaining that tipping is optional and not a prerequisite. Good to know!

I in my wisdom this morning have been stood in my hotel window in a towel looking down onto Times Square at the filming that goes on (apparently every morning), what I didn't realise is there is an office block affacing our room, and the office workers can see me! Numpty, note to self dress fully before standing in the window, you are not a mannequin!
:scream:

Filming In Times Square.jpg

The little sheds on the green mat area are where they were filming this morning; there was a crowd and a garden about ten mins before this picture was taken, but the time I got my phone they had already started packing away! Another note to self get up earlier! It's only 9:30 am now!

We have been to the seminar this morning; it wasn't too bad then we have been out shopping. Every day we have been chatting to Grace our housekeeper she is a lovely lady from Trinidad and is always singing, she's very happy and makes me laugh. Today she has been showing me pics of her grandkids on her phone, above it, it says 'I love my grandkids' which made me laugh. :D

I have shown her a picture of Han she says she is a lovely girl, she will be a model and her lucky planetary month is May. I will miss her when we go as she brings a smile to my day, today she posed for a pic for me so that I can put it on my site. She's a trained singer, knows all the stars and would love to make it on Broadway; I wish her luck. She also says Hannah has a lovely Aura and is a kind heartened lovely girl. I'll need to work hard to keep up with her, and she must do her school work. That I definitely agree with. :wink:

She has also asked me to do a feedback email to the Marriott, which will help with her promotion. I must ensure I fill one in for her. She's a nice lady... I have completed a review on Facebook and mentioned her in it! :D

Grace NY.jpg

Amazing Grace - Marriott Marquis NYC (Best Housekeeper Ever!)

Last edited:
Well today is home day, I'm currently sat in my NY hotel room packing my case and looking at the clouds out of the window. We are that high up we are actually in the clouds themselves lol! Looking forward to getting home and being in my own bed. We've had a great time learned lots and I'm looking forward to putting my new found knowledge into practice! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back