What's new

macette

Hi to all I have just bought a new mixer and started my new baking hobby. So glad to find a forum to learn from. I have had a few successes and a few not so successful recipes. I would really like a good bread recipe that will be nice the first day for fresh bread and make great toast the next day... I have tried a refrigerated dough which was fine for fresh bread but not good for toasting. I tried another one which had egg and sugar in it which was a bit to cake like. I think I will try the Paul Hollywood bloomer next has anyone had success with that...tomorrow I am going to try brownies. So much to learn but I am loving it. And so are my grandchildren...lol the cinnamon rolls were a great success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Macette, Welcome to the site.

When making bread always use strong bread flour, the recipe I tend to use is strong flour, a teaspoon of salt and sugar, oil, a yeast sachet, warm water and then other additions like sun dried tomatoes or seeds such as poppy or sesame seeds. I haven't made it in a while but I do know that the bread comes out beautifully and that there wasn't any left for toast the next day.:) However if you are making fresh and want to have fresh bread for toast the next day then ensure that you cut your loaf from the middle and push the two ends together this will keep the loaf fresher for longer. I haven't tried Paul's Bloomer but let us know how you get on with it.

It's good to see you are trying new things and are keeping the grandchildren filled with beautifully baked treats.

I'm currently overhauling the site at the moment so there will be lots more tutorials and recipes for you to try as the weeks go by.

Good luck with the baking!

Welcome to the site Macette, I'm sure you'll love it here and find some wonderful recipes you can try out. Enjoy your stay here with us. :)

8136d686c03ba4a5fb059f6548851940.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back