What's new

Mint Allure Slab - Homemade Chocolate Bar Tutorial (1 Viewer)

There's nothing better than chocolate and even more so than dreaming up your own kind of bars. The good thing about these bars is not only are they easy to do; you can cater them to people's requirements, indulge in an endless supply of flavours and give someone a beautiful gift all at the same time.

Mint Allure (11) (Medium).jpg

To make the Mint Allure Homemade Chocolate Bar, all you will need are the following items:

Ingredients

• 100 Grams Dark Chocolate 70% Cocoa
Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (2) (Medium).jpg
  • Mint Oreo Biscuits
Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (3) (Medium).jpg

Equipment

• Chocolate Bar Mould
  • Baking Tray
  • Food Bag or Microwaveable Bowl
  • Sharp Knife and Plate
  • Cellophane Bag - 5 x 7 inches
  • Pull Bows

Chocolate Bar Mould Spec

• The full-sized mould is 21 cm x 10.5 cm.
  • Chocolate Bar Block Size is 6 Blocks long x 4 Blocks wide.
  • The actual Chocolate bar size is 16 cm x 8 cm.
Mint Allure (1) - Copy-001.jpg

Note: If you are a child making these please ensure you ask an adult for help melting the chocolate and using a sharp knife.

Method

1 Break the chocolate up into small pieces and melt it in a bag/bowl in the microwave in 30-second bursts. If using a bag, remember to check the chocolate and carefully rub it through with your fingers to remove any hotspots or lumps.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (4) (Medium).jpg

2 Next, carefully cut some Mint Oreos up into different sized chunks.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (11) (Medium).jpg

3 Place the mould on the baking tray. (This gives it support when you have filled it with chocolate and you're on your way to the fridge). If you want some of the chunks or any colour on the bar's base side, put a few biscuits and mint centrepieces in the mould before you pour the chocolate.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (5) (Medium).jpg

4 Now, pour half the melted chocolate over the base pieces and shake the mould from side to side so it starts to fill the crevices. Then add your larger pieces of Mint Oreos on the top. Add a little more melted chocolate between the Mint Oreos in stages so it doesn't overflow. This ensures you will get a crisp straight edge on the chocolate bar.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (6) (Medium).jpg

5 Place the baking sheet and mould in the fridge for at least 10-15 minutes to allow it to set. Once set, remove from the fridge and carefully place on the kitchen side/counter. Stretch the mould slightly to release the edges.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (7) (Medium).jpg

6 Wear protective gloves and remove the bar fully from the mould.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (8) (Medium).jpg

7 This is the base side of the bar. You will see the top right-hand corner is slightly missing, so make sure that the chocolate gets in every bit of the mould before you set it in the fridge. Because this is handmade, I like to think it gives it a rustic look.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (9) (Medium).jpg

8 Now it's set, you can cover it with your cellophane bag or packaging of your choice.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (10) (Medium).jpg

9 The cellophane bag is self-sealing, and the 'pull bow' ties everything together. Please ensure your hands are cold when you place the bar in the bag to ensure the edges do not melt.

Mint Allure Homemade Choc Bar tutorial by Help Me Bake (12) (Medium).jpg

10 You can then add stickers, labels or insert personalised messages into the packaging if required.

Mint Allure (11) (Medium).jpg

And there you go, a lovely gift or perhaps a sweet treat that you can sell to others. The great thing about them is they're not expensive to make and extremely versatile as they can be personalised to suit anybody's sweet requirements.

What other chocolate bar flavours are there?

Here are the tutorials of the other bars I made.​

Where do I buy the chocolate moulds and cellophane bags from?

If you would like to buy the moulds or bags that I used, see below. (Please note that the 'pull bows' were part of the Valentines Day Sweet Cone Bags decorations, hence not listed below.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back