What's new

Mini Models - Worsley College - Student Creations (1 Viewer)

So last night's lesson was full of fun, creativity and a lot of laughs and we also had the pleasure of Shirley's company, who is a returning learner from last year. :wink:

Not only did some of the ladies bake their own range of mouth-watering cakes but we also managed to see a Christmas cake demo done by the lovely Linda, cake covering & design and have a sit-down modelling session too.

Due to the requests, I had received the previous week; I decided that we should create some Christening and Christmas themed models. I had also been working behind the scenes on the construction plan for the piano that Sue is looking at making. This is going to be a work in progress until we determine which ingredients work best, but for now, we have a plan and some drawings, so fingers crossed it all works out!

The great thing about modelling is its great fun, and you don't have to be an artistic genius to create something cute and funny which the girls discovered. They were a little reticent to start with, but once the shapes started forming, there was no stopping them. There were lots of 'oohs' and 'aahs', and by the end of the evening we had lots of 'I really like that and 'I'm really pleased with that', I'm happy to report smiles all round. :D It was a thoroughly enjoyable evening, and I had definitely been put through my paces, but I loved every minute and look forward to next weeks creations.

Here are the pics of the finished sugarpaste models:

Angie:

Models.jpg

Cath:

Cath.jpg

Cath created an ivory polar bear which had a much richer colouring.

Sue:

Sue.jpg

Sue's penguin really reminds me of Pingu! Fabulous!

Shirley:

Shirley.jpg

Shirley created a white neutral blanket for her baby instead of opting for a pink or blue like the others. This design would be great on a cake that was fully covered in either pink or blue icing.

Sharon:

Sharon.jpg

This was Sharon's first attempt at modelling; I think she has done a wonderful job with her polar bear.

Michelle:

Michelle..jpg

Michelle, unfortunately, had to leave early due to prior commitments; however, she did manage to make this thrilled snoozy model complete with a flat cap. Fab!

Jill:

Jill.jpg

These are Jill's fabulous modelling creations.

Linda:

Linda.jpg

This is Linda's lovely flower and pearl Christmas Cake design.

What more can I say, other than a great night had by all and a lot of work covered I'm definitely looking forward to next weeks adventures!

:thumbs:

Last edited:
Thanks Bill, we all had a great time and really surprised ourselves with our new-found modelling 'skills', thanks to Angie, of course!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back