What's new

Marvellous Molds Triple Classic Swag Review (1 Viewer)

I have been asked to make a Beauty and the Beast cake and was looking for a swag/drape mould to incorporate into my design. So, after further research, I finally settled on this — the Triple Classic Swag Mold created by Marvelous Molds.

1 Swag Mold Help Me Bake - Medium.jpg

The mould is approximately 1800 mm wide x 450 mm deep, extremely bendy and has raised bladed edges to give you a better cut. This one is taken from their Swag Mold Collection.

Before use, I washed the mould in hot soapy water and left it to dry.

2 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

To use the mould, you are required to lightly dust it with either cornflour/cornstarch or icing/confectioners sugar so that the icing fondant doesn't stick.

3 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

I used Renshaw Extra Icing to have the firmness and elasticity of hardened icing fondant that would be easy to remove from the mould.

4 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

I rolled the icing fondant to a relatively medium 3-4 mm consistency so that the swags would be a suitable thickness and easy to handle.

5 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

I then measured the rolled piece against the size of the mould.

6 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Once at the correct size, I rolled my rolling pin over the mould's raised edges so that it would score them.

7 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Once scored, the excess icing fondant started to break away.

8 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

I then removed the rest.

9 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

To remove any rough patches, I then smoothed the edges with my index finger to discard them.

10 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

To ensure the swag print indents into your icing fondant, lightly push the icing against the mould.

11 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Once indented, I flipped the mould over.

12 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

You can then peel the mould away.

13 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Thus leaving you with a perfectly formed triple swag.

14 Swag Mold Help Me Bake (Medium) (1).jpg

To finish off, I lightly dusted off the excess icing sugar with a dry paintbrush.

Beauty and the Beast by Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg

Here are the finished results on the cake; remember to start from the front and work backwards when sticking the swag to your cake. This is because the swags will overlap and can be cut and merged together at the back of your cake.

Conclusion:
The overall advantages of this mould are that it gives you a detailed fabric effect swag on your cake, will save you lots of time and effort trying to create your own from scratch, and each one will be a replica of the one before. Considering I have used many moulds, I have found the material and ease that comes with this mould a time saver and highly recommend the product.

Related Posts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back