What's new

Mars Bar Fudge (1 Viewer)

This delectable creamy Fudge is easy to make and tastes delicious too. It's great for all Mars Bar lovers, so if you want to know how to make it, see below.

Here is the step-by-step tutorial showing you how.

How to make Mars Bar Fudge​

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (2) (Medium).jpg

Ingredients​

• 400 Grams - Milk Chocolate
  • 397 Grams - Condensed Milk
  • 5 x Mars Bars (33 Gram Bars)
Note: I used Callebaut Belgian Milk Chocolate, Carnation Condensed Milk, and Mars Bars.​
Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (4) (Medium).jpg

Equipment​

• Medium Pan
  • Spatula
  • Hob
  • Chopping Board
  • Sharp Knife
  • Small Plate/Large Plate
  • 8-inch Tin
  • Can/Tin Opener
  • Non-Stick Baking Paper

Method​

1 Line your tin with baking paper, then place it to one side.

Mars Bar Fudge By Help Me Bake (4A) (Medium).jpg
Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (4B) (Medium).jpg

2 Weigh out 400 grams of milk chocolate and place it in the pan. If you are using a bar of chocolate, break it into pieces first before putting it into the pan.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (5) (Medium).jpg

3 Carefully open the can of condensed milk with your tin opener and then pour the contents into the pan. (Leave the pan to one side).

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (6) (Medium).jpg

4 Now start to unwrap your Mars Bars, place them on your chopping board and cut them into chunks using a sharp knife.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (7) (Medium).jpg

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (8A) (Medium).jpg
5 Place two of the chopped-up Mars Bars on a separate small plate as we will need these for the top of the Fudge later.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (8B) (Medium).jpg

6 Now, place the pan on your hob on a medium heat. (I used no 5 on my hob).

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9) (Medium).jpg

7 Using a spatula, stir the milk chocolate and condensed milk together until they become silky in texture.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9B) (Medium).jpg

This took about five minutes.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9BA) (Medium).jpg

Once this happens, the mixture will become thicker and silkier in texture like below. You should then turn off your hob and remove it from the heat. (If your mixture is a bit thin, beat slightly with a wooden spoon to thicken up).

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9C) (Medium).jpg

8 Now, take some chunks from the three Mars Bars you chopped up and lightly fold them into the mixture. (I did one fold-in with my spatula).

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9D) (Medium).jpg

9 Then add the remainder of the three bars, and again, just fold in once.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9E) (Medium).jpg

10 Now, pour the mix into the lined tin.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (10) (Medium).jpg

Remove any remaining mixture with the spatula.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (9F) (Medium).jpg

11 Shake the tin to allow the mixture to settle into the corners.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (11) (Medium).jpg

I had to spread it in the corner with the spatula as the mixture was a little thick.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (12) (Medium).jpg

12 Then, use the remaining chopped-up Mars Bars from your small plate and place the chunks on the top of the mix.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (13) (Medium).jpg

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (14) (Medium).jpg

13 Leave the Fudge to cool on the work surface until it returns to room temperature. (This took me just over an hour) You can check to see if it's fully cooled by placing your hand on the bottom of the tin. If it feels warm, leave it a while longer. (I used my Mesh Food Tent to cover it while it was cooling).

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (15) (Medium).jpg

Please DO NOT put the Fudge in the fridge while it is still hot/warm. If you do, it will raise the temperature inside the fridge and start ruining all your other chilled goods.

14 Only when it's fully cooled should you place it in your fridge to chill. If you do place it in the fridge, be sure to put it in an airtight container or cover it with cling film so that it doesn't pick up any fridge smells or dry out.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (16) (Medium).jpg

15 I placed mine in the fridge for about 1 hr 50 mins - 2hrs. The Fudge was soft enough to cut but hard enough to hold its shape when I cut into it.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (17) (Medium).jpg

I then took it out and cut it into chunks on a chopping board. I left it in the paper to ensure it was 'set' enough to cut. It was a little sticky due to the caramel.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (18) (Medium).jpg

Note: Please be careful when cutting into it. You may need to clean the blade of the knife a few times to ensure 'clean cuts' of the Fudge.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (19) (Medium).jpg

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (20) (Medium).jpg

Once I was happy it was set enough, I removed the baking paper and cut it into chunks on the chopping board.

Note: If yours isn't set enough, wrap the Fudge back in the baking paper, put it back in the tin, wrap it with cling film and then place it back in the fridge for another 10 minutes or so or until it 'sets' enough.

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (21) (Medium).jpg

Mars Bar Fudge by Help Me Bake (22) (Medium).jpg

Depending on the size and shape you cut, you'll get around 18-22 pieces of Fudge from this recipe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back