What's new

How to make easy Halloween Ghost Cupcakes - 3D (1 Viewer)

Ghost Cupcakes By Help Me Bake (Medium).jpg
In light of Halloween fast approaching I thought it might be an idea to put together some easy to make ghost cupcake toppers for you and your little ones. They're so easy to make that even your little monsters can help out too!

17-Ghost-Cupcakes-By-Help-Me-Bake-480x360.jpg

To start with, you are going to have to make a batch of cupcakes of your choice. Here are some tutorials on how to do those, either that or if you are looking to do the decorating part then store-bought ones will be just fine.

How to make cupcakes?

Once the cakes have baked and cooled, then comes the fun part!

Ingredients/Tools

• Orange, Black and White Icing
  • Icing Sugar for Dusting
  • Black Pearls or Writing Icing
  • Circle Cutters
  • Patterned Rolling Pin
  • Small Rolling Pin
  • Ball Tool
  • Paintbrush
  • Water

Lollipops - Any round lollies that you can find - Either Chupa Chop Lollies/ Fruity Ones out of the Swizzle packets or Dum Dum lollies. I had a pack of lollies in the cupboard, so I used the round ones out of those.

1-Ghost-cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

These are the ones I used.

2-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

Take a blob of icing/fondant of your choosing and place on a lightly dusted surface.

3-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

Roll the icing out to around a 3 mm thickness.

4-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x360.jpg

Once rolled, then roll over the icing fondant with a lightly dusted patterned rolling pin.

5-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x348.jpg

Then cut with the circle cutter that you have measured against your cupcake to ensure that they are the same size.

6-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x339.jpg

Once cut, stick the icing/fondant to the cupcake with either jam/buttercream/ganache/fudge icing etc. I have used a cupcake dummy for illustration purposes, so I have just placed it on the top.

7-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x360.jpg

Then unwrap the lollipop and insert it into the centre of the cupcake.

8-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

Now for the Ghost part!

You will need a 4-inch circle cutter for the Ghost to cover the lollipop and stick.

9-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x340.jpg

Troubleshooting:

In the event, you do not have a sizeable cutter or your ghost doesn't cover the stick then cut the lollipop stick down, and this will drop the height of the ghost.

10-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x360.jpg

Roll the icing fondant to about 2 -3 mm in thickness; you don't want it too thick because it will be too heavy and tear.

11-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x344.jpg

Cut out with your largest circle cutter and then drape over your lollipop.

12-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

Then make some eye socket indentations with your ball tool.

13-Ghost-Cupcake-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

Lightly wet the sockets with some water and a small paintbrush.

14-Ghost-Cupcakes-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x640.jpg

Then place the Black Edible Pearls into the wet sockets. (If you do not have pearls then squeeze some writing icing into the sockets instead).

15-Ghost-Cupcakes-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x548.jpg

Et voila! A cute easy-to-make ghost cupcake topper in minutes! Whatever size you make them, I'm sure they'll be Boo-tiful!

16-Ghost-Cupcakes-by-Help-Me-Bake-480x360.jpg

Enjoy and Happy Baking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back