How to cream butter and sugar together.
- Creaming butter and sugar together is something that you cannot get wrong.
- The best way to do it (so that you incorporate lots of air) is to use an electric whisk or kitchen aid.
- It does not matter if you use margarine or butter (unless the recipe is specific) you will still end up with the same results. If you are using butter though ensure it is at room temperature before starting.
- For super creaming results, you want the mixture to be as light or pale in colour as possible.
- If it's still yellow, keep whisking.
- The more you whisk, the more air you trap into the mixture meaning the lighter your cakes or cupcakes will be.