What's new

Happy Pancake Day! (1 Viewer)

pancakes.jpg
I love pancakes, with lemon and sugar, if I've not made my own I've used, I think it's called Betty Crocker, mix that is in a container that you just add water too and shake well.
The only problem with that is you don't get many pancakes from it, only about 6. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure what we'd get from the box mix but it just says add an egg. Han likes them with lemon and sugar too. :D

Yeah, I'm back...

It's been a fun evening, and the pancake party got into a real swing. After saying before that, I was concerned that Hannah and John would wreck my kitchen, I managed to do a fabulous job all by myself. :scream: Not only did I manage to get a full egg all over my work surface (I was chasing it to the end of the worktop and then trying to get it up off the floor). :crys: I then managed to spill oil out of my frying pan onto my induction hob; then I managed to spill sugar all over my table, so it took me the best part of half an hour mopping everything up before we got into a real swing of things. We even had to make extra pancake batter so we could all have a go at pancake tossing, getting the temperature right and getting into a rhythm but we got there in the end.

We were that concerned with getting the pancakes done, we forgot about the plates, sauces, fruits, fillings or anything that we needed. John quite happily made his pancake sat down at the table and tucked into it whilst me and Han we're trying to get the pancakes going! His response well I don't want it to get cold! :eyeroll:

Pancakes 2015 (11)-001.jpg

I did some fabulous pancake tosses that nobody got a picture or video of and then Han made me do a few more pancakes, so we ended up with this near-perfect one.

Han did her pancake toss, and it landed splat on my floor (so when we finished I had to clean that too!)

Pancakes 2015 (26)-001.jpg

Han was made up with all the pancakes and was quite happily adding all her syrups and sugars to them.

Pancakes 2015 (13)-001.jpg

Pancakes 2015 (20)-002.jpg

This is John's nicely rolled and slightly devoured pancake, we just threw ours on the plate and tucked in!

Pancakes 2015 (22)-001.jpg

I think next year when we do them we will have an order of things and get into a better groove but to be honest, although it was a bit of a mish-mash we had plenty of fun.

Last edited:
That's the way it should be mish/mash means more fun than doing everything to order, if you'd done it like that I bet you wouldn't have had so much fun.

Great set of photos I'm going back now to watch the pancake tossing video. Brilliant bit of tossing, well done on the video Han, I assume it's Hannah filming, Johns probably too busy stuffing his face with pancakes. :roflmao:

He was, talk about sort yourself out, I wouldn't mind but it was all his idea to do the pancakes. :eyeroll:

Han did the vid and took lots of photos and made a couple of pancakes, she really enjoyed the madness, great fun and good memories although next time I'll make sure I have her lemon juice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back