What's new

Filling cupcakes (1 Viewer)

Breadlady

Morning everyone, I’m making cupcakes today and I think I remember Angie saying she uses an ice cream scoop to fill them. I would prefer to fill by weight. Does anyone know how much an ice cream scoop amount would weigh? Thanks

Thanks Bill.

Morning everyone, I’m making cupcakes today and I think I remember Angie saying she uses an ice cream scoop to fill them. I would prefer to fill by weight. Does anyone know how much an ice cream scoop amount would weigh? Thanks

Morning. 😊 @Breadlady Yes, I do. If you are doing it by weight, then there are a few factors to consider. Firstly the size/height of your cupcake case. You want the cupcake case to be filled about two thirds full. Any more than this, and you run the risk of it spilling over or having a peak in the centre. This usually equates to around 2-3 Tablespoons of cake batter. One tablespoon is approximately 14 -15 grams so what you could do is place a cupcake case on your scales and then fill it by eye until it is about two-thirds full or just under and see how much it weighs. Then if you wanted to make sure that it comes out flat/level, you could then bake a single cupcake and see if it comes out the height you require. (Only bake a singular cupcake if you don't have any raising agent in your batter).

Cupcake Cases - Med.jpg

As you can see from the above, there are different size cupcake cases, so depending on the size of the case will depend on the weight of batter you'll need to fill it with.

Other ways to make your cupcakes level...

I hope these cupcakes are delicious! 😊

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back