What's new

Filigree Flowers by Jackie Buckley - BSG (1 Viewer)

So I was off again to the BSG March Meeting, and this time we had the lovely Jackie Buckley showing us how to make some Filigree Flowers.

Now, in all honesty, this is something I haven't come across yet and looking at how intricate it is, it's probably something I would have previously passed on.

However, now that we're back out in the world, I'm all about embracing new things, and this is definitely one of them.

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (8) (Medium).jpg

Jackie was extremely informative and helpful throughout the workshop and mentioned that it was nice to be out and about again. She was also eager to show us how easy it was to make the flowers and how robust they really are.

Throughout the workshop, she put us at ease, showing us the techniques we needed to recreate the flowers and advised what tools she'd found useful to help her complete the overall look.

It was another fabulous meeting, and a lot was learned by all.

As well as the filigree flowers Jackie also brought along a few other things she had made too.

The piped biscuits gave us ideas on shapes and patterns we could create.

Jackie mentioned these ones were about three years old. Obviously, they're not for eating and just for show, but how good do they look?

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (1) (Medium).jpg

These are another few intricate designs she has come up with.

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (3) (Medium).jpg

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (5) (Medium).jpg

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (6) (Medium).jpg

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (7) (Medium).jpg

As you can see, these flowers have a beautiful intricate design and a definite wow factor.

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (12) (Medium).jpg

The more vibrant the colours, the more pop they will give to your cake.

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (15) (Medium).jpg

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (17) (Medium).jpg

Branch Workshop - Jackie Filigree Flowers (21) (Medium).jpg

It was amazing to see how these intricate pieces came to life and definitely worth the visit.

If you'd like to find your local branch meetings, then please visit the BSG site.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back