What's new

Farmyard Animal Modelling Cupcake Class our evening. (1 Viewer)

Animal Modelling Cupcakes - Student Creations
Gail HMB102.jpg

Another great night last night at the Animal Modelling Cupcake Workshop, much fun as usual and lots of learning going on! :D

HMB102 - Animal Models Pic.jpg

Everyone arrived on time; although Sue couldn't sit still and was doing a circuit of the car park for 20 minutes prior to the lesson trying to increase her step intake (she's on a pedometer challenge and was even pacing the floor seconds before we started) then we had Louise being Mother Hen telling me to take a breath because I'd also been on a non-stop mission all day! (Thanks, honey.) So, after a quick breather and initial introductory, we finally got the lesson underway. :wink:

I was originally going to dem the pig first, but that was delayed because I had to make the sugarpaste a deeper pink, for some reason, it had turned out very light, more towards a flesh colour rather than pink but nevermind! So instead, I decided to start with 'Stevie Sheep' with his fluffy body and floppy ears, :D I then moved on to 'Dippy Duck' and showed the 'without' wings version and then did the 'with' version as Louise had gotten ahead of me and was getting very creative then it was onto alternative Sissy Snake varieties and then finished off with the 2D and 3D versions of 'Pinky Pig' albeit I forgot about his tail for 5 mins! :eyeroll: After that, the ladies got to work recreating the models with a little assistance from me.

To be honest, I'm extremely pleased with all their hard work, for some of the ladies it was their very first attempt at everything 'cake decorating' wise, and for others, it was the first attempts at modelling, even so, they still managed to put their own stamp on their designs and recreated everything I had shown them. :cool:

Many congratulations ladies on your results, I know that this workshop was challenging for you, but you deserve a BIG Well Done, Doreen, Gail, Louise, Sue, Lesley, Carol and Judith, for great fun, much telephone interruptions, including my own :scream: (apologies), countless concentration and a great night all round. :cool:

As promised here are the models I demonstrated and the decorated cupcakes you made:-

Angie:
HMB102 - Animal Models Pic.jpg

These are the models we made on the evening.

Doreen:
Doreen HMB102.jpg

These are Doreen's first attempts at cupcake decorating and modelling, fabulous first efforts! :)

Gail:
Gail HMB102.jpg

These are Gail's super attempts at modelling; my favourites are definitely the snakes and the pig! :wink:

Louise:

Louise HMB102.jpg

These are Louise's supermodels, I love the speedy effect of Dippy Duck (top right, he looks like he's off to race) and I absolutely adore the Mummy Sheep and Baby lamb! :cool:

Sue:

Sue HMB102.jpg

These are Sue's marvellous models, the pig and duck are my all-time favourites, fantastic! :scream:

Lesley:

Lesley HMB102.jpg

For the first attempt from Lesley, this is a super result; I really like the blue snake and 2D pig recreation, perfect!:wink:

Carol:

Carol HMB102.jpg

These are Carol's cutesy models, she has done a great job and even added flowers to her cupcakes for effect. Fabulous work, especially the pigs. :D

Judith:

Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to take a picture of Judith's creations; however, I do know that they were devoured at the end of the evening with a cup of tea.....so all's well that ends well.

I'll ensure on the next workshop I take your pics first! :D

Last edited:
Those are a wonderful collection of cupcakes, your ladies did well Angie and are a credit to your teaching so well done to you as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back