What's new

Coconut Cake Help (1 Viewer)

Janey

Hi Angie, can I ask for a little help please 😁 want to make a moist coconut cake 6x3 inch deep, not very good with measurements, what ingredients would you recommend?do i use coconut milk?

Thank you

Jane x

Hi Jane

Lovely to hear from you.

I’m never actually made a coconut cake but having looked at a few recipes online, it’s pretty much a Victoria Cake Recipe (as in equal parts butter, sugar and flour) with a few extra bits of ingredients.

If memory serves me correctly, you’ve made our Victoria 6 x 3 inch using the 200-gram recipe, and then you made the chocolate one with the brown sugar.

I’ve found a recipe online which may give you roughly the amount of cake you need to make the 6 x 3. This uses 175 grams of flour, butter, sugar, and then milk and desiccated coconut. However, I don’t know how much height it will give you as they have split the recipe into sandwich tins.

Coconut Cake | Baking Recipes | GoodtoKnow

You could try that and see if it works, although you’d have to adjust the baking time.

Either that or try doing the 200-gram mix that we usually do and then add around 60 grams of desiccated coconut and maybe 3-4 tablespoons of coconut milk or milk and see how that turns out.

Is that any help to you?

Kind regards

Angie

Last edited:
Hi, The cake turned out lovely, thank you again. Have a lovely Easter xx

Janey Cake(Medium).jpg

Hi Jane

That’s beautiful. Thank you for the picture. 😍

Seeing as the recipe worked out, can I confirm the final ingredients you used to make it. It’s just so we can share it with others as a tried and tested recipe and give it to someone else if they need it.

I’m so pleased it worked out for you. The cake is fabulous. 😊

You too, have a wonderful Easter. Hopefully, you’ll get a piece of that delicious cake.

Take Care

Angie x

Last edited:
Hi, I did 150g of caster sugar, stork butter, SR flour, 3 eggs, 60g coconut, and 3 tablespoons of semi-skimmed milk for each cake. Bake - 160 fan oven middle shelf for about 1 hour. I made 2 cakes 6x3 inch xx

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back