What's new

Brioche rolls (1 Viewer)

Russellrugby

Can anyone advise if its ok, when making brioche rolls, to go to the stage where you have shaped your rolls, but then leave them overnight to prove? Meaning they can be freshly baked in the morning. If so, can they be left out, rather than be refrigerated? Hope someone can help.
Russell

Solution
Hi Russell

Ideally, for the best results, you want to bake the rolls on the day of proving. However, if you want freshly baked buns in the morning, then you really need to refrigerate the dough, either that or part bake them the day before and then bake them for the remaining time the morning after. If you leave them to prove without refrigerating, then you run the risk of over fermentation causing limited rise or possible collapse of the rolls when baking.

I hope this helps.
Welcome to Help Me Bake Russell. I am not experienced, but Mr. Google says the preferred method for brioche is to refrigerate overnight. An example:

As with the focaccia the overnight, refrigerator method creates lighter, airier rolls, but both methods work well. I love the convenience of mixing dough at night and baking the following day, but you absolutely can mix and bake these the same day and get great results.

I'm sure Angie or another, experienced member will be along to confirm

A Guy

Welcome to the site Russell, as Bill said I'm sure you will be given expert advice when Angie or another experienced member sees your post.

Hi Russell

Ideally, for the best results, you want to bake the rolls on the day of proving. However, if you want freshly baked buns in the morning, then you really need to refrigerate the dough, either that or part bake them the day before and then bake them for the remaining time the morning after. If you leave them to prove without refrigerating, then you run the risk of over fermentation causing limited rise or possible collapse of the rolls when baking.

I hope this helps.

Solution

Users who are viewing this thread

Back