If you're looking at making Brandy Snaps or Brandy Snap Baskets, here are some tips to help you out.
Brandy Snap Basket Tip
- If making a brandy snap basket, place a layer of chocolate on the base between the basket and the filling; this acts as a barrier and will prevent the filling from melting the sugar in the snap and stop it from going soggy or disintegrating.
Brandy Snap Tips
- You want the brandy snap to look like it has a lacy pattern going through it.
- It has to have holes in it to give it a Brandy Snap look.
- If you cannot shape it, place it back in the oven for a few seconds and try again. The heat from the oven should soften it and make it a little more pliable.
- It's all about the snap; it should have a good snap and a great texture.
- Fillings can add moisture and make them soggy so fill them at the very last minute.