What's new

Best loved cake.... (1 Viewer)

cakes.jpg

I was reading an article today that said out of a poll of twenty cakes Lemon Drizzle topped the bill.

To be honest I've never actually thought about what my 'best' cake is but I would probably have seasonal choices if I'm honest.

Don't get me wrong I love a bit of Lemon Drizzle, but that for me is more of a summer cake. For winter I'm more of a treacle sponge pudding with lashings of hot custard! Hmm, my mouth waters just thinking about that. :p I'm also good with anything that consists of strawberry jam but not the strawberry bits as I don't like them! I'm thinking why have one favourite when you can have so much more! 👩‍🍳🍩🍪

Here is the full top 20....so what's your favourite?

Best loved Cake.JPG

I must confess I have been enjoying some Lemon Drizzle of late albeit contained in a KitKat Finger Biscuit! These are absolutely delicious! I highly recommend, although please be warned that 2 fingers may not be enough. :lmao:

KitKat Lemon Drizzle.jpg

Last edited:
There are one or two that I've not had but I like them all, but to be honest give me anything with meringue or cream and I'm very happy. I've never had lemon drizzle or number 2, 4, 6, 10, 18 and 19.

I can't buy much in the way of cakes these days with John being Diabetic so he can't have any but I do treat myself to cream meringues at the weekend delivered with my Tesco shopping on a Friday. :yum:

Chocolate! Actually a yellow cake with milk chocolate frosting would be my favorite. Name it anything you like :)

A Guy

Joan, seriously you have led a sheltered cake life! :scream: Hot chocolate fudge cake is divine with a scoop of ice cream. Lemon fudge cake is great with a cuppa in the summer and don't get me started on the chocolate brownie and muffins! :yum:

I suppose it's what you're into, I don't like fresh cream but I agree with you on the meringue. Me and Jules met up the other day and we were getting her Granddad some fudge for his birthday. They sold meringues at the stall we were at with pink swirls going through them, visually they were great but the smell of them wafting over the counter was so succulently sweet I wanted to dive over and just eat them!

Han loves Eclairs!

@Bill I would call yours Chocolate Yellow Cake...would it have sprinkles for a dash of colour perhaps and a little crunch?

I have Angie, cakes where not something that came into my diet when growing up, to be honest I can't even remember if we had a cake at Christmas. There was no money for extravagances like cakes and I was never shown how to make them so it wasn't till I was married that I was able to try and do any baking and that was usually from a packet and not very often either as money was tight. There was one cake I could make from scratch which was always enjoyed and worked well and that was a boiled fruit cake, I can't remember where I got the recipe from.

I like Eclairs as well. :yum:

To be honest, we didn't really have baked cakes growing up. My Mum would make Apple Crumble now and again but not cake and we didn't do any baking. We did use to get a cake in a box, it was Sara Lee Chocolate Gateau, oh my word I loved that cake. The filling and the chocolate that surrounded it was delicious.

Ha ha I've just Googled it! I can still taste it!

Sara Lee.JPG

It's only since baking with Han that I've ventured into all the different kinds just to see which ones we like.

Oh! that looks yummy I'm drooling. :yum: I've got a really sweet tooth when it comes to puddings and cakes and given half the chance would go for one of them over a dinner. It helps as well that I've always been able to eat what I want without putting any extra weight on. :cool:

Lol! It was fabulous as a kid! I'm the same, I'm cake all the way, I think that's why I like baking so much. :p

Wow, coincidence, hadn't had one in years, but bought this last weekend. Thawed it to have some tonight

fBXrLMP.jpg

And they are still comedians, upper corner "serves 8"
76tOwr6.gif

We had a birthday cake on our birthdays, always had packaged cookies, sometimes Mom would bake toll house chocolate chip cookies. And sometimes, on a weekend, we'd have a Pepperidge Farm cake. My Mom was a nurse, so worked.

A Guy

Not with my portions, it wouldn't! :yum: Have you tried all the varieties of Pepperidge Farm then? :wink:

No, just stick with their chocolates, except German Chocolate, that was deceiving, lol

A Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back