What's new
Here is a two-tier fruit cake that I recently made for my mother in laws 70th birthday.

70th-Birthday-Cake-001-449x640.jpg

Both tiers were covered in marzipan, I then layered the top tier with Renshaws pink ready to roll icing and the base was then covered in baby blue coloured icing which was pre-dyed the day before with Sugarflair concentrated dye and left to rest.

The pattern in the base tier and the strip for the top tier is the Katy Sue Vintage Rose design mould, and the peony flowers were made using the Easiest Peony cutter ever made by FMM. I did add a little Tylo powder to the icing before making the flowers so that they would harden and hold their shape.

Last edited:
Wow! that looks great, I love fruit cake especially when it's covered in marzipan and icing. I bet John's Mum loved it as well, did she have a party ?

Thanks Joan, Jean's not a lover of Marzipan but she doesn't mind the icing. she did love it and will no doubt be tucking into it later. John's sister is taking her for a meal today and we visited yesterday, I say we, John was unwell so Han and I went to visit and drop the presents off. We even sang Happy birthday and everything.

Oh you can't have the icing and not the marzipan. :smiley: Sorry to hear John's not well, hope he recovers soon. :)

I think she peeled the marzipan off it, I know Han likes to eat the icing for her. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back