What's new

What cream cheese should I use for a cheesecake? (1 Viewer)

1bellb

So I've attempted to make a cheesecake before, but mixture was always too runny. I've been watching a lot of videos on youtube and all the videos I've seen use cream cheese, however the cream cheese in the videos always looks much firmer and less watery than the "Philadelphia cream cheese" I used.
So what cream cheese do I use. I've looked all over in Sainsbury's and Tesco, and other than their own cheap brands, Philly seems to be the only cream cheese.

So what cheese should I be using? and where do I get it?

The cheesecake I'm going to "attempt" next, is this one.

Cookie Dough Cheesecake Recipe | Cupcake Jemma - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ben and welcome to the site.

The only cream cheese I ever use is Philadelphia and I've never had a problem with it, always make sure you use it straight from the fridge. As you are looking to make the attached Jemma Cupcake cheesecake recipe it may be worth dropping her a tweet on her site and confirming which cream cheese she uses. I know people have used supermarket brands but I always find Philadelphia to be best.

Leave it it in the fridge until needed that way it will stay cold and solid for longer.

Hi Ben and welcome to the site.

The only cream cheese I ever use is Philadelphia and I've never had a problem with it, always make sure you use it straight from the fridge. As you are looking to make the attached Jemma Cupcake cheesecake recipe it may be worth dropping her a tweet on her site and confirming which cream cheese she uses. I know people have used supermarket brands but I always find Philadelphia to be best.

Leave it it in the fridge until needed that way it will stay cold and solid for longer.

Hi,

I've used the Philly cream cheese and its worked great this time.

Thanks for you help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back