What's new

Victoria Sponge Cake Ingredients? (1 Viewer)

Janey

Hi, i have a 7 inch round baking tin which is 4 inch deep, i have used your Victoria sponge recipe which turned out amazing but that was in my 3 inch deep tin, how much extra of each ingredients do i need to use with my 4inch deep tin? Thank you

Solution
Hi Janey, I so glad you have managed to make a beautiful Victoria Sponge, they are delicious! 😊

For a 4 inch, I would increase the ingredients to 300 grams of butter/margarine, 300 grams sugar & 300 grams of self-raising flour and use six eggs. This will give you enough to make a 4 inch. If you have any batter left over put it into cupcake cases and bake on 180°C for 18-20 mins on the middle shelf.
Hi Janey, I so glad you have managed to make a beautiful Victoria Sponge, they are delicious! 😊

For a 4 inch, I would increase the ingredients to 300 grams of butter/margarine, 300 grams sugar & 300 grams of self-raising flour and use six eggs. This will give you enough to make a 4 inch. If you have any batter left over put it into cupcake cases and bake on 180°C for 18-20 mins on the middle shelf.

Last edited:
Solution

Hi Janey, it's no bother. 😊

To make the 6 x 3-inch cake you would need to reduce the ingredients to 150 grams butter/margarine, 150 grams sugar, 150 grams self-raising flour and three eggs that should be fine. The same recipe will also make 12 cupcakes.

Try about 45 mins, then test with a skewer. If it's still a bit gooey in the centre put back in the oven for 5 minutes then test again. Use the 5 minute increment system until fully baked.

Hi Angie, do you have a chocolate fudge cake recipe for a 6inch x 3inch deep tin please, i can't find one anywhere and wanting to make it for my hubby's 40th birthday. Thank you x

Hi Janey, I have a Choc fudge cake recipe, but it's for 8-inch sandwich tins. If you want to make the 6x3 inch, you could use the Victoria recipe I gave you and substitute some of the flour for the cocoa powder which will provide you with a 6-inch choc cake and then fill it with choc fudge icing. I'm not sure whether that's what you're looking for, but it will give you the size of the cake you want. Choc cake cooks quicker and can dry out, so make sure you test it about ten minutes before the times up.

This is what the choc cake looks like to give you an idea. (I did this 200gram mix in the 6-inch tin, there is too much batter for the tin; however, this is how I did it because I wanted as much depth for the cake I was making at the time). 😊

Let me know if this is of any use to you or if you want the bigger recipe.

Regards

Angie

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back