What's new

Top Tips for Baking Success (1 Viewer)

I have put together a quick overview of some of the easiest and most straightforward tips that are worth checking out before your next bake. Here are five top tips to help you achieve Cake Baking Success!

Cake-Baking-Success-2-480x335.jpg

Oven – I say this time and time again, and I’ll say it again always, always, always (do you get my point 😊 ) pre-heat the oven and bring it to the optimum temperature before putting your cake batter anywhere near it. Once the cake is in the oven, step away and do not be tempted to open it until your cake is well underway.

Recipe – For special occasions, always use a tried and tested recipe that you know works or do a pre-run of a new recipe before the big event. There is nothing worse than putting your heart and soul into baking for it all to go horribly wrong on the day. Remember to follow the recipe to the letter; you can always borrow one that your Granny's had for generations or that one your friend swears by.

Ingredients – Always check that your ingredients are in date, are of good quality, are not damp and of course, are measured correctly.

Bakeware – If you're determined to make baking part of your life then (as with shoes) it is worth investing in some good tins. They last longer and will provide you with good quality baking results.

Method – If you want your cakes and cupcakes nice and fluffy, then a recipe requiring the creaming method will give you fabulous results. By creaming the butter and sugar until it goes pale will allow the ingredients to incorporate that much-needed air giving you those light and fluffy bakes.

If you would like more cake, baking and decorating tips, then check out
my book on Amazon: 99 Baking and Decorating Tips - Angie Fairbrother

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back