What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost the tips (1/4 inches) of the middle and ring finger of my right hand in the press, Mashed them.
I still have finger nails though the fingers look a bit weird. I will post a pic if I can figure how to do it om my phone.
I can rebuild a computer but the D*** phone is nuts.

Probably because the phone is smaller than a computer. Sorry about your finger tips, as long as it doesn't hamper you in your day to day life. 😲

best I could do

If you've grown up with not seeing him with a full set it's just normal to you Angie, it's like me and my Dad he only had one full arm and hand but his left arm only went to just below his elbow, I believe he was born like that.
It used to fascinate me because he wore lace up boots and had no problem lacing them up and fastening them, plus he had no problems taking care of the horse and being able to harness him up to a cart and drive him through Nottingham.

I know, it's just part and parcel of what makes him, him. He's no different, and it's not something I ever think about because it's my norm.

It seriously fascinates too me how people with no/partial limbs do things, but that's their norm also. Wow, seriously lace-up boots and harnessing a horse, that's cool. 😍 I saw a little boy with partial arms give his baby brother a dummy (pacifier) and soothe him on the internet; it was the sweetest thing ever. ❤

There's a blind lady or visually impaired if you're not allowed to say that who lives near us, and she has a guide dog. I want to ask her how she goes from place to place and how she knows where she is going. Obviously, I can't ask her at present, but I don't know whether it would be rude too either, I just find it amazing how people like her just go about their business like everyone else.

Not much to report except we've been home-schooling again, this week has been a little challenging, and I haven't felt that great, but with that being said it's Friday tomorrow (I think) so I'm definitely ready for the weekend. :p

I also just took the car out for a spin which was weird because I haven't driven in weeks.

Is that how you and John do your exercises then. 😂

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too well, hope it's not too serious and you feel better soon. 😘

It's Friday as I got my Tesco shopping today and I have to stay up till just after midnight to get my next available Friday slot, it's why I love Saturday as I can sleep in longer if I can manage it. 😊

What did you do just drive round the block, John has to go out in the car twice a week to go to the surgery to have his dressing renewed, it's healing quite well so we're hoping it won't take much longer before it doesn't need to be seen any more.

They're still sorting out his insulin injections and the nurse phoned him yesterday to check his readings, he's had to up the dose again in the mornings as it's still not coming down enough. He's sent his form off to the DVLA with regards being on insulin and also sent off for a diabetic ID bracelet.

I see people talking about the cupcake decorating videos on

I don't have an account, but saw some in news stoies

A Guy

There were some nice looking cupcakes there Bill, made my mouth water. I don't have an account at Instagram either.

Johns diabetic ID bracelet came today, he's going to see about getting one to say Pacemaker for the other wrist, he won't be able to wear it though till his wrist is healed up. :)

Wife and daughter (Alice gave up on Los Angeles due to cabin fever) went out to Farm today and spent $200 ( about 165 pounds)
Bacon, milk, eggs, various fruits and veggies, fresh bread and cheese, canned jellies and
spaghetti sauce ( something new).
I was a bit put out at the cost till I looked up what it would cost in the grocery store.
pretty close to twice that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back