What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope that doesn't have too much of a set-back with your recovery Thomas.

Our surgery here is closed and you have to phone for appointments, you can't just turn up for one. When you do have one the door is locked and after ringing to be let in if they're not ready for you you have to wait in your car or outside and they'll come for you. Then you go through the 3rd degree of questions before you can proceed to either the doctor or nurse. I know it's in the interest of our health but it doesn't make things easy for us older ones.

Just today got an email about E-Visits or Video Visits. If you think you may have it, they can direct you for special handling. Otherwise, unless it's needed, stay away

A Guy

Went over the wall again this morning, to the store as it opened. Finally got my hamburger! A case of water, and some other things. A few items they didn't have, but it looked more normal...

A Guy

Went over the wall again this morning, to the store as it opened.

A Guy

What like this? 😂

Yeah, why is McDonald's still open in the states? Bravo on the water! We'll be on the hunt for bread next because they sent us wholemeal and I can't eat that.

Today we are doing day two of schooling, I'm still behind schedule, but I've got her on the treadmill now each morning to get her head and heart going. I think we're going to have re-jig the timetable, but as long as we get some topics done each day, I'll be happy.

@Joan - I hope you're managing to get John sorted and sort your treatments and meds out that you need. I think I'm going to try ringing the docs again but from what I'm seeing it can take up to 3 days to get through.

@thomaseg1 - I hope you're managing to do some exercise in the absence of your health care visitor and manage to stay healthy and in one piece.

@Joan - I hope you're managing to get John sorted and sort your treatments and meds out that you need. I think I'm going to try ringing the docs again but from what I'm seeing it can take up to 3 days to get through.
Johns ok he went to the surgery yesterday for it to be dressed and he goes back on Thursday, one of the wounds is healing well and getting smaller and the other is getting ready to burst.

So far there are no problems with our meds. I phone the chemist on a Monday to order what we need and they deliver on the Thursday or Friday.

Not sure what district nurse visits are like as I'm probably due my blood tests and blood pressure any time soon. I've not heard anything about the other fitting that should be checked every 6 months, it will be a year in May and never been checked.

We'll come out the other side of this if the selfish people stop panic buying and do as we've been told and stay at home, not come dashing down here thinking they're on holiday because the suns out. 😡

All the fast food places are open, pickup only or drive through. Restaurants the same. Even some bars being allowed to deliver margaritas, lol. They are either letting big rig drivers walk up to the drive thru (usually not allowed), or they deliver to the truck :)

The Supermarkets are hiring, either do to demand, or employees who won't work.

The stock market gave me back a cars worth today...of course it's taken a houses worth before that :(

Idiot president is still saying he wants to go back to normal soon...if he's allowed to, he should be tried for murder, because that's what it will be! He just wants to look good and be reelected

Since y'all have time, give this a read

A Guy

My crazy cat.
Tigger was watching me do leg lifts (2 lb weight) and his head was bobbing in time,
got the feeling he was laughing at me.
Later I turn on the shower and went out for a minute to grab a towel
and when I came back he was hopping out of the shower (at a sedate pace)
I told him most cats don't like water, but he gave me a "To Each His Own" look!

One of my cats likes water, she'll try to catch it coming out of the tap or there are lots of times when I'll have pots soaking in the sink and she'll lay across the draining board with her tail in the water. She likes to lay in the sink as well if I've run hot water in it. 😂

I've never known a cat like water. 🤣

Been up since 4 am since the smoke alarm went off for no apparent reason. I was running around the house like a loon trying to work out what the hell was going on. Then John got me doing a shopping order at 6 am so at the minute I want to sleep! 😴😴😴

Last edited:
Love that video of the cat it really made me laugh. 😂

I'll be going back into my orders tonight to make sure all's well, I have my usual Friday slot booked for the next 3 weeks. I'll just have to keep a close eye on slots and jump in as soon as the Friday ones come online.

Jenny's classes are being held online with skype.
We decided she should stay put in England rather then
fly home Maybe having to wait hours at the airport
and on the plane and risk exposure.

Poor Alice is in LA under total lockdown , Mary and Todd are trying to amuse a 6 year old.
Shelly was mad because her school closed, but she got over it after Mary skype a couple of her friends.
Seems that parents are finding imaginative ways to keep their kids going but inside.

My daughters children's schools have all closed, she has a 5yr old, a 10yr old and an 11yr old. She has worked out a timetable for school work and also put up a tuck shop list, as she told a friend she had to do that or her 10yr old boy would eat them out of house and home, he has hollow legs. 😂 They are allowed so much they can spend and there is a list of tuck shop items priced for them to choose from.

A lot of school work is being done via a computer but when it comes to physical activity she takes one of the boys out with her in a morning for a 5 mile run while the other 2 are at home with their dad doing exercises.

We're lucky at the moment that the weather is good so it means they've been able to go outside for fresh air.

Aww, I love that vid! They're sooo sweet and her little face, bless her. Back in a minute currently being asked for help on home-schooling! 🤔

Youtube is my teaching friend, today's question is simplifying surds....say what now. :oops: Haha, thank goodness for youtube and google vids.

So today we have got the shopping, I have no Frosties so my cereal was a tad boring this morning and my bumper pack of wipes has not arrived. However, I have to say that in light of the pandemic, they packed my bread perfectly! I'm sooooooo happy! :) :)

@Joan a 5-mile run! Crikey! Me and Han managed a walk this morning, I had to keep slowing her down, and I fell up someone's driveway trying to get out of the way of a jogger but other than that the fresh air was good. 😂

Hang on back to tutoring...

I'm back, at the minute we're still trying to work through her curriculum, but we're getting there.

@thomaseg1, it's a shame Jenny cannot get home, but in light of the pandemic, I'm sure it is best she doesn't travel. You mentioned that Alice is on lockdown is that the same for you too? Could Shelly not Skype some of her friends? I know Han is texting, calling and face-timing her friends just to stay in touch.

It's such a shame for the little ones as they have no idea what's really going on, that's why I'm glad Han's a teen because I can talk to her about it even though she doesn't like it.

Last edited:
We aren't quite locked down here in Georgia. They just warn about going out for anything except
essentials.
Mary is working on Skyping Shelly's friends, trying to get as many parents on board with it.
Shelly has been through the measles close down, so she understands.

Today's task was to go for a walk; when we got down the road, we decide to play a game and wave at every person that passed us. Some laughed, some waved, we then got a honk of the horn from a tractor/trailer (big rig), a flash of lights and a wave from the binmen. Laughs and waves from the policemen. A beep of the horn/big wave from the farmer and his tractor and a thumbs up from the UPS driver. We had so much fun; I didn't think Han would be up for it, but she was right on board. We had such a laugh, the last person she waved at was one of her teachers.

This was us! 😂 🤣 😂

I'm not sure whether people were trying to work out who we were or whether we were just bonkers. 😂

We aren't quite locked down here in Georgia. They just warn about going out for anything except
essentials.
Mary is working on Skyping Shelly's friends, trying to get as many parents on board with it.
Shelly has been through the measles close down, so she understands.

@thomaseg1, so how are you guys keeping entertained then? Are you binge-watching TV or are you managing to get outside a little? It's good that Shelly understands why she can't see her friends but I'm sure she'll love seeing them on skype even if she cannot be with them.

We all have to work out different ways of amusing ourselves now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back