What's new

Today...what have you been up to? [4] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't watch much of Doctor Who, I've seen the odd episode, but it's not something I make a point of seeing.

Nope, I don't do Doctor Who although I have seen one or two episodes with Han.

@thomaseg1 Ok you've got me there, although I haven't watched Corrie now for about ten years, I gave up on all the soaps and started watching American TV shows which I love. NCIS, Hawaii 5 0, SWAT, Criminal Minds, Grey's Anatomy, Chicago Fire etc. I've just started to watch Unforgettable again on Prime. I only realised the other day how many Cop shows I watch. 😊

The same here Angie, I stopped watching the soaps years ago and watch the American dramas like NCIS. We watch a lot of Animal Planet as well, especially Pit Bulls and Paroles. At the moment we've got Pick on watching Monkey Life.

thomaseg1 Have you watched any of the Last of the Summer Wine on Gold, also Open All Hours?

thomaseg1 Have you watched any of the Last of the Summer Wine on Gold, also Open All Hours?

Well, Absolutely Fabulous, Are You Being Served, Bless Me Father, Vicar of Dibley,
Dad's Army (A riot), Black Books, Babes in the woods,Never the twain, Oh Brother,
On the Bus, of course Fawlty Towers , Get some in, and Porridge
Mysteries like A touch of Frost
Odd ones like Catweazle

Saw this apparently well known peacock wedding cake and cupcakes

A Guy

The same here, Angie, I stopped watching the soaps years ago and watch the American dramas like NCIS. We watch a lot of Animal Planet as well, especially Pit Bulls and Paroles. At the moment we've got Pick on watching Monkey Life.

thomaseg1 Have you watched any of The Last of the Summer Wine on Gold, also Open All Hours?

I've never heard of Pit Bulls and Paroles. I only watch parts of the Animal programmes that they review on Gogglebox. Some of the footage they get is amazing!

Well, Absolutely Fabulous, Are You Being Served, Bless Me Father, Vicar of Dibley,
Dad's Army (A riot), Black Books, Babes in the woods,Never the twain, Oh Brother,
On the Bus, of course, Fawlty Towers, Get some in, and Porridge
Mysteries like A Touch of Frost
Odd ones like Catweazle

Ok, so I love/loved Ab Fab! I love Dawn French and have seen her in little bits of the Vicar of Dibley. On The Buses was hysterical as were The Carry On films and Fawlty Towers. Olive in that sidecar was pure comedy gold in On The Buses. 😂

Last edited:
That was definitely one of the classic clips from the series Angie, brilliant. 😂

Pit Bulls & Paroles is a program on Animal Planet about a rescue centre for dogs and paroles because as Tia says ( she has been running it) most people have a bad idea of pit bulls and no one tends to give paroles jobs so she looks after both.

She started off training wolves, she also used to train animals for films and did a lot of work with the animals for Jungle Book.

Drive by.
Got hose out knee looks all bruised.
Fitted for leg brace for a month, to strengthen leg.
worn out.
Nap time

Oh no that's no fun. I hope you at least enjoyed the nap. Hopefully, you'll rest up and be back on your feet in no time.

That was definitely one of the classic clips from the series Angie, brilliant. 😂

Pit Bulls & Paroles is a program on Animal Planet about a rescue centre for dogs and paroles because as Tia says ( she has been running it) most people have a bad idea of pit bulls and no one tends to give paroles jobs so she looks after both.

She started off training wolves; she also used to train animals for films and did a lot of work with the animals for Jungle Book.

I know, it makes me laugh so much. 😂

That's great what she is doing, I've just had a quick look at a vid on Youtube about a family who managed to get reunited with their dog.

Training wolves! Seriously! 😲 Wow, I've no idea how on earth you'd get started on that. She must be another real-life Animal Whisperer.

Training wolves! Seriously! 😲 Wow, I've no idea how on earth you'd get started on that. She must be another real-life Animal Whisperer.
She's been doing this kind of thing for over 20 years, she calls herself trailer trash. :D

She is very dedicated to what she does and after rescuing dogs she usually takes them straight to the vet to be checked over and any necessary treatment given. When they are back to full health she goes about the process of adopting them out, they are always microchipped to the Villalobos in case anything goes wrong.

She's very particular about the people who can adopt one and after they've picked a dog the centre work with the dogs to make sure they are ready to fit in with the family, then there is the home visit where she makes sure the home is suitable for the dog and if everything checks out they can keep the dog.

They are based in New Orleans now and her whole family are part of the process, here's a link to their website if you want to have a look.

She does seem very concerned for the dogs, the vid I saw yesterday showed her interviewing a guy who had moved states and unfortunately had to give up his dog because he was moving into an apartment. He put the dog on Craigslist and vetted the new owner, and he thought everything was okay, only to find out that some months later somebody had left the dog tied up outside with water and food near to Tia's place. They tracked the original owner through the chip, and he was very apologetic as he thought he left the dog with the right person. But she wasn't happy that he'd done that.

Anyway, after chatting together, she realised he loved the dog, he now had a larger home with a back garden, and the dog was reunited with him and his family.

Yes, she is very devoted to the dogs, well the whole family are. They may look unconventional, all the body art and Mariahs taste in fashion, 🤣 but you can't fault them for the dedication they show for the dogs in their care.

Each to their own, I don't care what people look like as long as they are kind. I've known people that will scare you half to death with their looks, but they're the nicest and sincerest people you'll ever get to meet. Besides, we'd all be boring if we looked the same.

I bet you watch lots of animal programmes with you being Dr Dolittle yourself. No animal gets left out on your watch.

🤣 I agree I take people as I find them and you often find the ones who treat animals well are better human beings. If you check out criminals a lot of time you'll find they started out mistreating animals when they were young.

Yippee! I can slob out all day tomorrow. Angie have you ever eaten sushi? John bought me a small tray from Lidl's this morning, it's mainly salmon, I've never tried it so have no idea what to expect. :dizzy:

🤢 No never, I can't stand the smell of fish, nor can I eat it! Well as I call it not proper fish, I have canned tuna and cod, fish fingers John makes Salmon and I have all the windows open, back door open, air-con, plugins on. He adores fish, but I won't let him make it that often or I try to be out when he does.

Have you tried it yet?

No not tried it yet, leaving it till tomorrow when I don't have to do any cooking for others. I love fish, apart from mussels, we have it at least twice a week. It has to be frozen as we don't have a fishmonger near by so can't buy fresh.

You don't know what you're missing not having it, it's very good for you. 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back